How should I set up for this gig?

ConnorGilks

Experienced
I've got a performance at my music school as part of my program, and we're trying to figure out what setup to use.

I just got a new 2x12 cab, and have a 20 watt head too. I want to use my AxeFX as I have all the patches made for the song including a harmonized solo section, a dead ringer for the clean and distorted parts from the songs we're covering, so going direct would be best. I went direct for another performance yesterday and I got countless compliments on my tone, so I know it works direct in our schools crappy PA. :p

They have Mackie monitors I could use as well if I want to go direct, but I wanted to ask what options I had for using both the amp as my own monitor and still going direct for the FOH. I know I can put everything but the cab sims in one line of a preset and one line with them, but which outputs do I use to go to the amp's power section and which go to FOH? And is it worth using only a 20 watt head with a 2x12? It may not be loud enough to keep up with a drummer and bassist.

Use out 1 to FOH and out 2 FX send to go to power amp. A 20w amp should be more than enough as a monitor.

Back
Top Bottom