How much would you pay for fractal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll play...

I'm solidly comfortable, and anything beyond that is none of your business. I make somewhere in the ballpark of not one goddamned red cent from music related work.

I've paid more for certain tube amps over the years than I did for my II... a lot more, and over time I found them all lacking where the Axe has excelled.

If the market price of an XL were $5K, I'm the kind of guy that would wait in the wings until one popped up used for $4K, and I'd feel like I had gotten it for a steal. And if you're honest, and could afford it, you would too.

Ok, I'll play...

I'm solidly comfortable, and anything beyond that is none of your business. I make somewhere in the ballpark of not one goddamned red cent from music related work.

I've paid more for certain tube amps over the years than I did for my II... a lot more, and over time I found them all lacking where the Axe has excelled.

If the market price of an XL were $5K, I'm the kind of guy that would wait in the wings until one popped up used for $4K, and I'd feel like I had gotten it for a steal. And if you're honest, and could afford it, you would too.

Agree-and I cannot believe some (?) are posting what they make- Must be nice.

I see no reason to be secretive about ones income or status. If you don't wanna participate thats kool. But I disagree that this is a pointless thread. It's very relevant. So many threads are created about arguing over what peice of gear is better or how something may seem overpriced when brand x does "almost" the same thing for x amount less etc. Everyone has different priorities in life. I also plan to buy a pair of capodimonte lamps in a few months for $1,800.... many may think thats crazy for a decorative peice of furniture to light my room, but it's important to me. Fact is, a lot more people would own fractals right now outside of the people on this forum if fractals were only ten dollars a pop, I bet you 95 percent of all guitars would play exclusive with fractal if they were only ten dollars a pop! So you see, cost, and a persons priorities and importance a person places on things when it comes to choosing a peice of gear. Most honestly can't deny the fractal is the best on the market, the ones that dont have one either cant afford it or they simply dont value musical gear above other things in life to see fit to dedicate whatever the cost is to own one. From what people have replied on here so far, I gather if the axe fx 3 came out today at a price of seven thousand dollars, over half if this forum would never be willing to pay that. However, I would, even if it meant taking out a loan or getting a new credit card with a higher limit. Thats just the way I am. Im crazy like that. I don't expect the rest of yall to be like that, but it is interesting to see where yall draw the line on cost for the best of the best and the laws of dimi diminishing returns etc. Like would you pay a extra grand for something that could be proved better in some way but only peoplr like eric johnson could hear the difference with their golden ears... yes "i" would. Having the best is most important to me. Im also going to buy a $150 mogami 12 foot cable for my fractal when I get it next month, because again, I am not materialistic, I don't want a lot of things in life, but the few things I do want must be of the absolute best quality.

I think I should clarify something about my last post: the real key for anyone SHOULD be "can I afford this," no matter what we're talking about, at any price.

I am a little bit of a "can't take it with you" kinda' guy. I also think there's honor in leaving something nice for your kids when you die, feed, clothe, and shelter them while you're living until they're on their own, etc. When you're paycheck to paycheck, skipping meals to buy gear - or worse, forcing others to suffer for your poor financial skills - that is not only a problem, it's potentially a criminal act. It's also one reason why it's all too terribly common now to see someone pay for their groceries with food stamps, and drive away with them in an Escalade.

Look, there's no shame in not making much money if what you do earn came the honest way, but managing your assets and taking control of your financial life is essential to EVERYONE. YM, you said you'd be willing to pay $5K for an AxeFx, which amounts to roughly 20% of your annual income. It just so happens that I actually did buy something worth ~20% of my annual income just a week ago...

...and no, there's not a snowball's chance in Hell I'd make the same investment for an AxeFx.

I earn my fair share of coin over here in Oz, i write software for a living, I've never made a cent out of music, i guess you would call me an enthusiast. Will never have the chops of some of the other guys in here

However, I think the price of fractal products are about right for where they sit in the market

Which in the scheme of things, compared to how much money I've spent on stuff i don't use, is extremely good value for money

Yeeeup - And I'm disappointed it's obviously not Yngwie malmsteen, but someone calling themselves that. Poor form Romeo.

No soup for you.
Pauly

Well, I said that in his Original thread, but I guess I wasn't suppose to - it seemed.

LOL @ the OP telling people if they comment they have to reveal their income and be specific about it LOL What a tool.

Tool? Im no tool. It's meaningless to say how much you'd pay for a peice of gear for unless income is known. A millionaire spends 3000 its nothing hardly missed, a guy that lives at home and only makes 1 hundred a week a part time job, well that shows much more sacrifice and drive to have something someone feels is extremely important. To the guy that posted the photo of the truck... bot sure what that was supposed to mean. But I'd rather not even have a car and have nice music gear if I had to choose between the two. And if I had kids, id make sure I spent every cent I had on myself before I died, I wouldnt want anyone to get any of my money, let them work for their own.

The point was value, what has it, and to what extent.

I was pretty sure before, but now I'm convinced. RR multi.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

this definitely has to be Romeo Rose,remember in one of the bashing videos he posted how "Yngwie will know who Romeo Rose is soon." Now a new forum member with YM as a name, mentioning of a damn klon in here...what a toolbox

You know, when YM wrote earlier in this thread that some would call him crazy for planning on buying a pair of Capodimonte lamps, I had to Google what the hell that was. I learned that these lamps are "famous for its moulded figurines and its decorative modelled flowers."

Kinda like this monstrosity.......
fc7cb962d0cb0b3148ef4b19ed7ea58b.jpg

I think I should clarify something about my last post: the real key for anyone SHOULD be "can I afford this," no matter what we're talking about, at any price.

I am a little bit of a "can't take it with you" kinda' guy. I also think there's honor in leaving something nice for your kids when you die, feed, clothe, and shelter them while you're living until they're on their own, etc. When you're paycheck to paycheck, skipping meals to buy gear - or worse, forcing others to suffer for your poor financial skills - that is not only a problem, it's potentially a criminal act. It's also one reason why it's all too terribly common now to see someone pay for their groceries with food stamps, and drive away with them in an Escalade.

Look, there's no shame in not making much money if what you do earn came the honest way, but managing your assets and taking control of your financial life is essential to EVERYONE. YM, you said you'd be willing to pay $5K for an AxeFx, which amounts to roughly 20% of your annual income. It just so happens that I actually did buy something worth ~20% of my annual income just a week ago...

...and no, there's not a snowball's chance in Hell I'd make the same investment for an AxeFx.

Dang, that's a nice truck. See 'ya out on 35W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom