How much will peeps be selling XL's for

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Just wondering what you guys think an XL or plus will be worth once the threes start shipping. I can't sell mine in advance cause I have a show end of March. I know it's all speculation and supply demand, but at what point do you just say F it and keep it? I'm not sure if I could part with mine for less than $1500. It's a mint XL plus maybe a year old.

Keep it for a while or sell it yesterday. Let the market stabilize. Used Axe FX III's will pop up overpriced ( for foreign markets and those who can't do the waitlist), then will stay above $2000, The Axe FX 2's shouldn't go below $1600.

Never sell an Axe FX II for a lower price than a used Helix or Kemper!

Super hard call. Just saw a nice one for $1300.00. XL+ just sold for $1699.00 B-stock which seems equivalent to used. I am interested too. I think prices will dip once the III's start shipping as folks will be trying to get funds together then eventually values will return and stabilize. The Standards and Ultras still bring a reasonable price considering how much use they've had in 10 years.

I sold my XL, MFC Mark III and Matrix GT1000 for $2000. Pretty damn cheap but it sold fast and I’m not competing with the fire sale going on and I have the money now to purchase the III.

Nah, I think once Fractal's supply of XL+'s run out I think price will stabilize. I think they should be above 1300 for sure. At least I hope so. Once the used market isn't competing with close out sale prices, things should look better.

I'm going to sell my AFX II Mark I and MFC-101 Mark 1 and am thinking about asking around $1,800 CDN ($1,432 USD) for the both of them.

I think how hard to get a III will be a big factor. If the III may end up taking months of wait listing to get, a lot of folks might be trying to buy back the XL’s they sold last week lol. Just imagine if people are told they want have a unit for 6 months.....

On the other hand, If the III is in stock and everyone says it’s awesome then demand will be lower for the XL and supply high, thus lower prices

True believers are selling to free up cash and space for the III. I don't think there will be that many. After those are gone, prices will go back up. $1300-1500 for what it does is just nuts. Buyers have an amazing opportunity!

I wouldn't pay any more than $1300 for a used XL....when the XL+ is $1699. The market will sure get flooded with all variants of the Axe-Fx II soon...it will definitely be a buyer's market.

Sold my XL+ and MFC III on Ebay for $1949, which comes out to about $1700 net after fees. This was a day or two after the "Presenting the Axe FX III" post debuted.

My considerations are a bit different possibly, as my music purchases help offset band income for tax purposes. My XL+ saw over 100 gigs during it's time in my happy rack, so it fully earned its keep. So I'll add $800 plus the cost of the FC, and I'm set for years! I'm all AX8 in the mean time.

Tree fiddy
axfxtreefity.jpg

OiioS

Back
Top Bottom