How much have you saved by switching to FAS?

Beecher

Inspired
Since I have switched to FAS, I have saved a ton of money through the years not buying and re-selling gear looking for the ultimate tones. Anyone else feel the same?

Hmmm... Over the last 10 years...

Direct Fractal purchases:

Axe Fx II mkII
Axe Fx II XL+
Axe Fx III
FM9
FM9 Turbo
FM3
FC-12
MFC-101
EV-2 x 2

Related purchases:

Behringer FCB-1010
Gordius Big Little Giant
5-6 Mission Engineering EP-1s
Temple Audio Duo boards x 3
Temple Audio modules
AudioFront Expression IO x 2
Rack Cases
Pedalboard cases

Now, some of this I've sold over time. Mostly I spent money before on pedals... So, I don't think it's saved me money.

But gained much more satisfaction in my tones and ability to change and experiment with way less work.

Also learned a huge amount about how amps, speakers, effects, etc all play important parts in the sound and many busted myths about a lot of stuff that we guitarists hear and repeat.

Plus, since I'm not concerned with buying effects anymore, now I GAS for guitars and spend a lot more there.

So from a new user perspective I didn't save anything, in fact I went out of pocket (cost of FM9T + FRFRs). But if I were to unload all the gear my FM9T is capable of replacing (both live and in studio) then I would probably gain like $4.5K to $6K (based on what is currently in my pedal and amp quiver and what I paid for FM9T). And that is net gain after paying the $2K for FM9T with expression pedal!

As I said before in another thread some of my old gear (amps and pedals) are seriously starting to look like new guitar funds. I will keep some of my amps (because they are irreplaceable for what I paid), but there are many other pedal board components and boutique amps that my FM9T is easily capable of replacing.

And if you are just starting out (and haven't invested in what is likely to become old and outdated tech very soon), then FAS products are the sh*t indeed!

In middle earth speak: FAS is the "one modeler to rule them all."

Last edited:
It's hard to really say, there are a handful of amps in the Fractalverse that I was seriously looking at. But for me, it's not so much the money saved as it is the time saved by no longer researching and browsing online looking for the holy grail amp or pedal.

...I have saved a ton of money through the years not buying and re-selling gear looking for the ultimate tones...
Yes. From the moment I used my FM3 I just knew something was different. I've had some good modelers in the past, but was always on the lookout for the next big thing. That itch is scratched. And they just keep innovating. How huge is Dynacabs?!?

I haven’t saved a dime. Been cycling through guitars lately. I have not bought any pedals or amps though.

Saved? Nothing... I've spent about $7k on Fractal gear and still have my amps, pedals, and cabs. Money well spent though...

Back
Top Bottom