How many traded the Axe Fx II for the AX8? Thoughts and why?

I did. I never use 2 amps at once and all my presets are very simple. I love the convenience and portability of the Ax8. I took the extra $500 and got a Friedman asm12. My rig sounds awesome no regrets at all but knowing me I'll get another axe fx just for the hell of it.

Still have my 2, but trying to find a reason to keep it every day other than sentimental value and how many great years and hours i got out of the thing. I thought id need more processing, footswitches, or flexibility, and was hesitant to go for the ax8 but the 30 or so shows ive done with it since april, its been a godsend each and every time. Setup is a breeze and i keep my ASM around just for some stage volume.

I kept my AXE FX II and got a new AX8, but when I'm on a gig or making a preset the AX8 makes miss the added processing power of the AXE FX II. :)

I picked up an AX8 and will probably sell my Axe-FX II after I get a few more gigs under my belt. The AX8 is easier to transport, easier to work with the foot controller (because it's not a separate unit), and I really appreciate the UI, especially the dedicated knobs and the graphic reminding me what I've assigned the switches to. My setup is pretty simple--I just want a single great amp tone at any volume--so I don't have a lot of need for two amps or complex effects setups.

I did. I could not afford to keep both. I did make some trade offs but since I know the units well I was prepared for them before I even got my AX. I used amp blocks 1 and 2 as well as drove blocks 1 and 2. Though I never used two amps at once I liked having them all there. I had to switch to 1 drive only bit I was ready for that as well. What I miss most is global blocks, mic simulations in can block and having easy access to fx recall screen to get effects from one preset to another.

Is this all enough to regret it no, not at all. I work well this what I have. With that said if they came out with an Ax ii and it had global blocks some how I would sell my AX and buy it without blinking

Same place here couldn't keep both, had to sell one to fund the other. That said I like the less is more approach, I had very few presets that used a ton of CPU so the AX8 fit really well, I don't even miss the Axe FX at all. It is a great piece of gear but for me I just didn't need all that power.

The other plus is less to carry... yet one more rack box I don't have to lug around.

I bought an AX8 while I had my AXE FX2. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do. But I really liked the foot switching configuration of the AX8 so I decided it would be more useful for gigging. So I decided to sell my AXE FX2 to a friend. I keep my presets pretty basic and don't use a lot of effects so I don't really miss out on not having the extra processing power of the AE2

What ratsgym said. My needs are pretty simple and I never used 2 amps anyway. I liked the idea of it more than actually finding it useful.

The only thing I miss is the extra processing power, but not for 2 amps...for extra effects. I barely use more than a handful (especially at once) but I do have to keep a close eye on CPU usage. Also miss a dedicated headphone out and USB recording interface but I suppose they had to cut something. If they offer an "upgraded" AX8 in the future with those features, I'd buy it in a second. Actually, even if it still didn't have headphone out and USB recording interface but had extra processing power I'd still buy it.

I did. I never use 2 amps at once and all my presets are very simple. I love the convenience and portability of the Ax8. I took the extra $500 and got a Friedman asm12. My rig sounds awesome no regrets at all but knowing me I'll get another axe fx just for the hell of it.

I traded mine for the AX8 and don't miss it in the least. So much easiear to manage both at home and for gigs. Like others have said, never used two amp/cab setups. For me its the perfect piece of gear.

Still on the fence for the AX8. I would have to sell my AxeFX 2 and MFC...what makes me hesitate is less processing power and no dephase...on the plus side, less to carry, I don´t need two amps at once and a lot of effects. I even consider selling my CLR wedges and getting Matrix FR12´s or 10´s instead...it´s all about weight and portability for me.

I sold my Axe II and MFC. The AX8 does what I need it to and simplifying my patches actually made me rethink the need for some of the complicated chains I had created. I miss the MFC's number of switches and the middle of the top row of the AX8 can be hard to get to sometimes, but ease of having a floor unit only with the same core sounds won me over.

The ability to add on some switches (or use an MFC) seamlessly would be welcomed, as would somehow making scene changes quicker (x/y changes in scenes are too slow for my needs currently), but overall I'm happy I made the switch.

Went from several nice tube amps and effects to the Axe-Fx II XL+ with MFC-101.
It was a scary jump but looking back I have never never been happier!!!
Recently added the AX8 to make my weekly rehearsals and gigs easier all the way around.

Is this possible in Cab Lab Lite? Purchasing the full powered version doesn´t make sense to me otherwise since I do not have the time to do my own mixes.
I rely on the mixes supplied by the professionals.

I still have my Axe Fx II. Got the Ax8 a week ago and it just an amazing unit.
So far I do not mis anything i had on the Axe. I do have some quite advanced presets but made an effort to keep it as simple as possible with the Ax8.
I found it way better (for my usage) to keep it as simple as possible.
It is so much more easy to keep levels from preset to preset equal and solo boost to be more consistant between the different presets.

And the ease of having it all in one box is almost to good to be true :)

So i will sell my Axe Fx soon.....

The AX 8 is the best of the best of the best for live use but I'm keeping my Axe Fx 2 it is a power house in the studio...and sounds better to me on recordings.....for me the AX 8 ain't quite there yet...(I don't believe it really was intended for the studio ...yet..IMHO).....probably due to the processing power of the Axe Fx ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom