How many hours are Axe-Fx II Green screens rated for?

BillyZeppa

Power User
Is it, was it recommended to turn off units with LDC screens to extend life of the screen? Asking for a friend.. :) LCD screens have been around for a while so there must statistics somewhere that might be interesting on how many hours they will operate before failure. The manufacturers usually just take a guess and predict ten years minimum, but there may be data now that is it longer or shorter. Anyone know?

I have seen Fractal Audio post a couple times that he leaves his Fractal devices on for weeks at a time. He doesn't seem to see an advantage in powering down (and he isn't the kind of guy to advocate that to sell more replacement screens) ; -)

I have seen Fractal Audio post a couple times that he leaves his Fractal devices on for weeks at a time. He doesn't seem to see an advantage in powering down (and he isn't the kind of guy to advocate that to sell more replacement screens) ; -)

I've seen him say that too, and I too leave my AX8 powered on for days at a time. I used to have my ultra powered on sometimes for a week and more at a time and the screen is still fine.

I've read that screens like that can last for decades. In work here there are some similar screens that have been working for well past a decade, continuously on. They have faded slightly and I can't tell if there's any real burn-in but you're not going to have your axe powered on for anywhere NEAR that time, so you should be fine ;)

It's really more forgetfulness than anything else. The axe is so quiet I sometimes forget it on:oops:

Well used to.....I now have it in a position that I can't forget it as easily and I also have a little light that's on at a different location to remind me there's still power to the rack:)

Back
Top Bottom