How many Axe FX's have you convinced others to buy?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I am a big fan of the Axe FX, Cliff and Fractal. I have personally convinced 2 local "tube" guys to buy Axe FX's and they love it. With all the free firmware upgrades and such it, is my way of saying thanks to Cliff and let him know that I appreciate it!

Cliff not charging for upgrades is HUGE and I want him to know that he gets $ back in spades by doing this.

Just curious....any others out there basically "sold" guys on the device directly and not including forum talk?

I have two people as well. They haven't pulled the trigger yet, lack of funds. One was going to go buy one of the new POD HD units until he played with the Axe for a morning.

It's all I live for.

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

;) (Just kidding).

Never crossed my mind. But I've had lots of guys come over, talk on the phone and stop at gigs to talk to me.

I convinced myself. That was a good start. I had a guy come over to buy my old rack items and ended up giving him a demo. He was impressed!

All you need is to see it in action and... sold!

I convinced myself. That was a good start. I had a guy come over to buy my old rack items and ended up giving him a demo. He was impressed!

All you need is to see it in action and... sold!

I'm nervous to show anyone the axe that i am selling off my old gear to. It's like I don't want them to fully realize the Axe until AFTER they give me my money for my amps and pedals..haha

Outside of that, I've been talking it up tons to my musician buddies.

I personally know no one else in my City of Spokane WA that can afford one of course there are but I dont know them! 95% of the musicians here dont even have a decent tube amp. I always have had good stuff and when I sell amps etc I have never had luck on craigslist because no one can afford good stuff so i Have to ebay it. I would be shocked if there is more then maybe one other person that has an Axe FX in this town and this town is not small about 200,000 people. My bass player plays my bass amp, Drummer plays my kit because they have junk. I would like to reccomend it but be like trying to sell a mercedes to a homeless person around here.

I'm nervous to show anyone the axe that i am selling off my old gear to. It's like I don't want them to fully realize the Axe until AFTER they give me my money for my amps and pedals..haha

Outside of that, I've been talking it up tons to my musician buddies.

I hear you. I did that after the Mark V sold on eBay. I am down to the last piece - Wah pedal - and someone is picking it up today. I love craigslist!

The funny part is people scoff at the price tag. OK, it is not cheap, but count the money spent on amps and effects to try and get the sound and it is actually very affordable. I have gone through 2 cycles of $4K-5K to get that better sound. I am done! Now on to improve my playing skill now that I can hear every off note CLEARLY! :lol

I personally know no one else in my City of Spokane WA that can afford one of course there are but I dont know them! 95% of the musicians here dont even have a decent tube amp. I always have had good stuff and when I sell amps etc I have never had luck on craigslist because no one can afford good stuff so i Have to ebay it. I would be shocked if there is more then maybe one other person that has an Axe FX in this town and this town is not small about 200,000 people. My bass player plays my bass amp, Drummer plays my kit because they have junk. I would like to reccomend it but be like trying to sell a mercedes to a homeless person around here.

I sold my PRS Single cut to a guy in Spokane a few years ago so I know a few of you have some cash :lol

Picture006.jpg

A buddy of mine wants one real bad after trying out my Axe-FX Ultra. Not sure if he'll get around to actually buying it any time soon though.

I offered to send mine to Mark Day so he could give it a go ..., he'd already ordered one, so I guess that doesn't count ....

But I'll bet Mark has inspired a few Axe purchases himself ....

1 sure second one lost recently as he didnt(Europe !!!) want to wait 6-9 month in uncertainty -->bought Line6 Spider Valve 2 HD100-->Allready regretting-->I ll say nothing

Roland

Yes, Mark's Van Halen videos sold it to me and I wrote to Mark afterwards to let him know (he should be on some sort of commission). I had a nice reply from him too which I appreciate very much.

I haven't seen any other players in Cornwall, UK with an Axe-FX as yet but I'm keeping an eye out. I used mine live for the first time at last night's gig and I can safely say that my Line 6 gear has now been officially retired; it can't compete. If anyone approaches me at gigs to talk about the Axe I'll certainly fly the flag for Cliff and G66 no question.

I guess I was already susceptible to the concept, I had a Line 6 AX212. I would say that Scott Peterson’s threads (with all of the back and forth) were a big factor in my decision and subsequent need for radial keratotomy. You can chalk yet another one up to Scott.

I just went see a guys Custom Audio Electronics 3+SE rig, and took my AXE-FX along. He said have you ever heard a clean that full and ritch? I played my AXE-FX version of a fat Twin Reverb. The comparison was over. He immediately said well check out this saturated metal distortion. A few minutes later he is plugged into my rig and was digging it, especially when I could simulate his beloved vintage Lexicon reverb. He never once acknowledged how cool the AXE-FX is or how well it compared, but I guarantee he will have one in this calendar year.

How many have I sold? Zero. How many has my AXE-FX sold? Probably two or three.

Mark really sold the device to me but I wanted to make sure what I was getting into so I convinced a friend of mine to get one instead so I got a chance to play with it a few times before pulling the trigger myself!

So that would mean I sold one ?!?!

Back
Top Bottom