How long will the standard be supported?

FixXxer

I am on the fence about getting one of these. I just sold my TC G Major and would like to get one. I was planning on getting the standard but am now thinking it will not be supported, as its already at max capacity, which kinda forces you to get the ultra....

All I want is a really nice lead delay, chorus / reverb / delay on my clean, and good effects to mess with. I'll eventually play with the amp sims, but that is not why I am buying the unit nor my primary purpose for getting it.

any advice here?

I am reading the "just do it right argument" but it almost sounds like you have to buy the Ultra to continue to get support on a go forward as the standard is running out of memory and may be unsupported.

Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks in advance for your help! :twisted:

The only difference between the Ultra, and the Standard, as far as support goes, is that there isn't enough room for more FX in the Standard than it already contains.

Other than that, they have the exact same support structure.

There are many MANY other ways the Standard can still receive improvements, and updates.

On a side note, they still share the same basic code, so when the ULTRA get an update, they BOTH get an update.

The ULTRA simply has a bit more do-dads, for the guy that wants more.

the standard will be supported for as long as the ultra is and (separate topic) both are covered under the same 1-year warranty. many companies still support their products long after the warranty is expired -- the repair-type support is simply no longer free after that point. I'm guessing Fractal follows common practice here.

the standard still has plenty of storage memory, but is running low on operating memory, and it's pretty much been that way since its inception seven firmware versions ago.

it's like this... you have a sports car. and you have so much space in that car to store luggage. the standard still has plenty of that space. but it won't go as fast as the ultra sports car, and so it can't handle a more powerful engine and the luxury features on the dash board, and maybe isn't a convertible hard top.

in Axe-Fx terms... the standard won't run more complex algorithms, but it can still store more data such as the new amp models that were added. Neither the standard or the ultra have gotten any new effect blocks in a very long time, and the standard likely won't get any new effect blocks. The ultra still might have that as a possibility.

-----

As for which one to get... that's a different question, and one that's received many threads on the forum already. :)

Back
Top Bottom