How is your MFC-101 setup?

perceive

Apart from just a personal curiousity as to how many of you are taking advantage of the MFC-101 with your axe's/other devices I am hoping that this will generate a sort of database of sorts that people can be referred to when they ask questions about whether the MFC can do this/that/the other. This idea is still in its infancy so the template reflects that, and I hope to get better, more graphical representations, as time goes on...
So basically, if you can spare the time and don't mind, please fill this out if possible:
Device used with:
Axe FX Mode: Yes/No
Tuner:
Number of Expression pedals:
Purpose: Expression 1:
Purpose: Expression 2:
Purpose: Expression 3:
Purpose: Expression 4:
Number of switching pedals:
Switching pedal 1:
Switching pedal 2:
Number of presets (0,5,10)
Purpose of preset 1:
Purpose of preset 2:
Purpose of preset 3:
Purpose of preset 4:
Purpose of preset 5:
Purpose of preset 6:
Purpose of preset 7:
Purpose of preset 8:
Purpose of preset 9:
Purpose of preset 10:
Do you use the songs function?
If so, how many?
Do you use the set function?
If so, how many?
How do you have the IA's set up?
Number 1:
Number 2:
Number 3:
Number 4:
Number 5:
Number 6:
Number 7:
Number 8:
Number 9:
Number 10:
Number 11:
Number 12:
Number 13:
Number 14:
Number 15:
Number 16:
Number 17:
How do you have your MFC hooked up to the rig? Ethernet/MIDI cable etc
Do you use Axe Edits merge function?
Do you use phantom power? Y/N
Have you ordered pedal labels?
What other customisations have you done to make it work the way you want and ... why?

Any rig pics would be good to, though there is a separate thread so a link to that would be fine as well..

Sorry for wasting your time, but I figured if I can get this all in one place then it will hopefully help give people ideas that may make people go "aah, yeah, okay cool I didn't think to try that!"...

Not sure what you mean by "purpose of preset #_". You can flip through all your presets 5/10/15 at a time.

Mine is pretty standard.
Hooked up via Cat5.
5 presets.
I freed up an IA with the hold for tuner feature and use the old tuner IA for Amp 1 X/Y
Two mission pedals: one for volume, one (spring loaded) for wah, whammy, etc.
Don't currently use the song/set functions but I expect to as the new band's repertoire grows.
I made my own magnetic labels. There's a thread I started on the topic if you're curious.

Not sure what you mean by "purpose of preset #_". .
Some may have the presets deliberately set for a rhythm/crunch/clean/solo presets as an example ( i have seen these labels on some boards) - it is another way to approach the many many options we have... rather than using the default's.
In essence I am just trying to get an idea of how people can modify these. I am pretty standard myself, though reprogramming right now, but other setups are far more complex and can maybe offer new way's to do things....

I still dont get where you're coming from. There are nearly 400 presets. They're just accessed 5/10/15 at a time. While there might be some rhyme/reason to how they're organized in song mode, in preset mode you're just looking at a small subset of your 384 patches.

Back
Top Bottom