How Do You Use It?

APE

Inspired
I am using Axe-FX now for my youtube videos.

I don't know how to customize sounds out of it because I've only spent maybe 15 hours or so trying to do it. I just use the preset sounds, with small modification of turning off the delay.

Are there any clinics or events in the San Francsico Bay Area for Axe FX?

Thank you.

Don't be intimidated by the Axe-FX. The good news is that you can almost always recover from any amount of tomfoolery!

For starters, try doing a couple of backups from the UTILITY menu.

If you are not already running it, you should download and run Axe-Edit 3.6.0 (assuming you have Quantum firmware). Connect a USB cable to the Axe-FX so your computer can communicate with it. It is a lot easier than programming from the front panel. It also 'blows out' the structure of the Axe-FX so it becomes easier to grasp.

Grab that book it came with. Read it….

Seriously though the manual is amazing along with wiki. Load some stuff off the Axechange and make tweaks to your liking

Use Axe Edit to edit sounds and read the manual and watch YouTube videos. That should honestly be enough to get a great start and more

Here's how I use it: I try to find a preset, then play around with it until it sounds really bad, then give up. I use the LCD, so I 'll try again with AxeEdit.

Some of the responses, here… Wow. Karl, especially.

But I did download all of the stuff, AxeEdit; making YouTube videos recording direct. I'm trying to save up for an Audio interface, and Logic.

Thank you.

Yikes.

You have to jump in. Erase/clear 5 presets, then build the worlds most basic preset. Amp--->cab. Dial in that mutha then ad verb. Then delay. Then whatever else...poof. You're Chris Katsumura!!! (Jk, that guy needs a vacation)

Reactions: APE
How Do You Use It?

If I'm being honest, I don't use it as often as when I was a younger man. But what I lack in frequency, I like to think I make up for in improved technique and duration of usage. Thus the benefits of age.

P.S. This is a rather odd subject for a thread, probably better suited for The Lounge forum.

:)

Last edited:
Yikes.

You have to jump in. Erase/clear 5 presets, then build the worlds most basic preset. Amp--->cab. Dial in that mutha then ad verb. Then delay. Then whatever else...poof. You're Chris Katsumura!!! (Jk, that guy needs a vacation)
Oh.

I found this:—

Painful. Gotta find how to download other's presets.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Don't overthink this stuff ... sounds great nearly outta o' box.

1. Go to an amp (Fender, Marshall, Carol Ann, Vox) load it up (with a cab if you use headphones or FRFR),
  2. Dial it in like you would a real one (B,M,T, Pres, Depth, MV).
  3. EQ if needed.
  4. Then chain on some effects (just like you would IRL - stomp boxes or racks).
  5. Play

Super easy. (Don't worry about advance params yet.)

Then, learn "scenes" and X/Y switching when you're ready for more flexibility.

Later, you can go back and learn the advanced amp and cab parameters. This is incremental goodness, but get the basics down first and don't worry - you can get super tones with 3 steps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom