How do you take care of your Axe-Fx in the best way?

I've seen electronics fry before, even when on a decent quality (Monster, which is likely on par with the likes of Furman, Pyle etc) surge protectors. Had a projection TV that lost 3 different boards after a lightening strike hit the house, everything else was fine.

Now obviously getting struck by lightening is pretty rare, but the odds certainly go up when there is a storm. I think the typical consumer level surge protector will work on typical spikes and such, but they obviously don't stop lightening. Probably in the fine print says they aren't designed to I'm sure.

I generally leave everything just plugged in, but occasionally, if I'm in the room, and there is a bad storm, like a really bad one we had the other day with tons of lightening strikes, unplug my rack plug from the wall, just in case.

Likely to get hit ? No. Might my Furman stop it if it its hit ? Maybe, but I figure if I unplug it, I am assured of nothing happening, and as I don't want to replace everything if I don't need to, figure the 5 seconds it took to reach down and pull the plug out made sense in that particular situation.

It simply does not leave my home studio anymore. I use ax8 for that matter. it's all safe and sound.

Other than unplugging during our numerous thunderstorms, I keep mine in an anvil ATA 4U case. I may open it up and check for dust/blow it out in the future, but it's still very clean after having it for a year and a half.

I also insure all my music gear against theft through Heritage, which protects it at home, in the car and at the gig. Highly recommended!

Hermetically sealed glass display case on pedestal in home studio; laser alarm implements a three foot perimeter on all sides. Removed only for recording sessions or performance. Wiped down with a microfiber cloth and a brief hug before being promptly resealed after use.

Yes - how do you take care of your Axe-Fx in the best way possible?

I'm thinking cleaning, storing etc.

Here are some questions just from the top of my head:

How often should you clean your Axe-Fx?

Is it okay to vacuum the vents on the sides?

Can you dust it off with a slightly damp cloth?

What are the best conditions to store/play your Axe-Fx? (Humidity, temperature etc.)

What is best - rack case or no rack case?

Should you unplug your cables once in awhile or just leave them in?

Nothing in this list should concern you.

I have mine in a soft 2u rack case. I also have it and all of my other guitar gear plugged into a surge protector which I unplug after each use. I have had so many things damaged in lightning strikes that I just made it a habit with my guitar gear.

I lay mine on a pillow at night, and each night I play with it, it gets turned on, sometimes it even purrs, but only sometimes. I think it all depends on how warmed up it is. But I have to be careful because if it gets too loud my neighbors start complaining. lol

Back
Top Bottom