How do you save scenes?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I've read the release notes and the Wiki but I can't see how to save scenes in a preset. I tried selecting scene 2 on a preset, changed some parameters and stored preset again. When I reselected the preset, nothing had changed in scene 2. :/

As stated in the wiki: "The bypass state ("engaged/bypassed" aka "on/off") of each effect block can be different in each scene. Also, the X/Y state of each effect block can vary per scene. Finally, each scene has its own output level setting (Layout > Mixer)."
I tried selecting scene 2 on a preset, changed some parameters and stored preset again.
You changed parameters, which aren't covered by the scenes-function, unless you used different X/Y-states.

In addition to @Stillbruch's response, the scenes are automatically saved to the current preset on the axefx ii. There isn't a save button. Just select a scene, change the scene related params and that's it. I'm not 100% sold on that behavior.

Surely it needs to be stored?

Yeah, sorry about that. I deleted my post since it had the wrong info. I was confused since I rarely save directly to the AxeFX. I do however, save via AxeEdit (ducks for cover...). I think what I find confusing is that there isn't a save scene button which is what I naturally expected but it turns out the "save scene" is effectively performed by saving the preset (except that it saves the state of all scenes, not just the one currently selected).

Is there a way to make some changes to scene 1 and save it as scene 2? Or do you have to go first to scene 2, make some changes and save it after?

So when you play with a preset settings, always do it in another scene than the main scene. It will be easy to store the result of your fiddling without losing the initial settings of your preset.

Hmm.. am I doing something wrong here:
1) I go to a another scene, let's say scene 2
2) I decide I want to have a delay block engaged on scene 2 -> engage it and save
3) Now if I go back to scene 1 it also has the delay. If I bypass it and save again everything works fine.

Is this normal behavior? I don't get it. Why does the scene 1 have the delay also if I put it on scene 2?

Hmm.. am I doing something wrong here:
1) I go to a another scene, let's say scene 2
2) I decide I want to have a delay block engaged on scene 2 -> engage it and save
3) Now if I go back to scene 1 it also has the delay. If I bypass it and save again everything works fine.

Is this normal behavior? I don't get it. Why does the scene 1 have the delay also if I put it on scene 2?

Did you add the Delay to scene or was it already there and did you engage it?

Did you engage the block using your MFC, or on the front panel?
And what's Scene Revert (in I.O > MIDI) set to?

I used the frontpanel and I have no idea about the scene revert CC. I can check it out tomorrow night.

Did you engage the block using your MFC, or on the front panel?
And what's Scene Revert (in I.O > MIDI) set to?

Scene revert was off. I tried to turning it on and it didn't make a difference. When ever I save another scene the same changes apply to scene 1.

When ever I save another scene the same changes apply to scene 1.

Just confirming again, the changes you speak of are just engage/bypass or x/y changes right? Not like changing the Drive parameter or delay mix etc?

ugh... Im having issues here. when i change a block state (on/off), then change to a different scene, when i change BACK TO THE original scene my changes aren't saved. they ARE saved when i change scenes on the front of the axefx.... Help?

ugh... Im having issues here. when i change a block state (on/off), then change to a different scene, when i change BACK TO THE original scene my changes aren't saved. they ARE saved when i change scenes on the front of the axefx.... Help?
hmm, your post doesn't have much detail, but it sounds like you have Scene Revert turned On. it's in the I/O MIDI menu on the Axe front panel. try turning it Off. if i'm wrong, just reverse that option anyway and see if it's how you prefer.

The best way to look at scene is to think of it as 'snapshot' of which effects are on/off and their x/y states. When you need to save a different configuration, you have to do it per scene. Bypass or activate what needs to be on scene 1, then do it for every scene till you're done with the number of scene you use and the save the preset. The only way to have different parameters per effects is to use their x/y states ( which, if you do the maths, gives you only 2 different options before you need to use a second effect of the same type in the preset(if possible))

Back
Top Bottom