How do you rate Axe-Fx 3 effects vs Eventide and other high end stuff?

Which I'd imagine is for a commercial studio, i.e., one that actually generates income, as opposed to a guitarist, even a gigging one.
Not to say you can't buy what you want, but at that price, I'd have to be using it as a tool that earns money.
Its all relative. A lot of folks would say an axefxIII is too pricey for non gigging guitar players who generate no income but I'd bet a solid portion of this user group falls into that category? As for me, I enjoy having a production desk that has definitely grown over the years. I don't have a boat, a 60s muscle car or any of that. I have my desk. All non performing assets. I mix my friends stuff usually for fun or dinner or whatever. I won't take their money. I love sitting in front of my desk and just writing, playing guitar and creating.

At the price ,I would say if you get enjoyment out of it it’s worth it .I don’t gig any more ,have had all fractal product ,except the new 9 and 3 . But to get album sound ,and endorphins flowing in my brain ,yea 😍

Its all relative. A lot of folks would say an axefxIII is too pricey for non gigging guitar players who generate no income but I'd bet a solid portion of this user group falls into that category? As for me, I enjoy having a production desk that has definitely grown over the years. I don't have a boat, a 60s muscle car or any of that. I have my desk. All non performing assets. I mix my friends stuff usually for fun or dinner or whatever. I won't take their money. I love sitting in front of my desk and just writing, playing guitar and creating.
I'd certainly love to hear one/see it in use!

I did a video on delay oscillations ages ago, comparing the FX8, Helix, DD500, Source Audio Nemesis, and Timeline. The FX8 sounded the worst to me, followed by the DD500.

But the Axe III is a different ballgame. I keep thinking about redoing that video, because it's a totally different thing now. The added compander and BBD models have changed the game.

Back
Top Bottom