How do you monitor your Axe-Fx III?

When not using it strictly as an effects processor, I go into a Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170 which feeds a Mesa 212 vertical slant cab.

I am using a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones, or Adam A5X monitors for home use. They are really similar to each other to the point that I can switch between the two and barely hear the difference aside from room audio features (comb filtering and some unevenness in reverberation time across frequencies, using a bit of the built in high pass on the Adams because of it).

Really happy with both. The former are outstanding value for money, even if the very bottom end is a little it boosted. The latter reassuringly expensive, but definitely nothing like buyer's remorse, I feel money well spent.

I use a Matrix GT1000 with a Fearless F115 full range cab for live stuff, or at least I will again when we are allowed to play out again. Gut feel tells me I should finally have live, studio and phones sounds close enough that I won't be doing too much tweaking when I play out.

Liam

I use a pair of customized Friedman ASC-10s. They are amazing! I got both of them barely used last year and have been happy ever since.

I personally use a brand new Boss Katana Artist MKII, through its power amp input, since 2 weeks and it's probably the best "monitoring" device I've never used. I only use amp bloc (no cab) on the Axe-Fx III without any special tweaking and it's stellar.

I use Fractal devices since the Axe-FX Ultra, I get the II, the AX8 and now the III and I never achieved such a good sound, even at bedroom level. I used great speakers in the past such as Adam A7X but I never liked the sound, especially with overdrive/distortion where it was too bright/harsh.

Try the Boss Katana Artist MKII, it's really a great amp and a nice addition to the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom