How do you isloate guitar tracks?

I know this has been answered already, but I have to weigh in, as I honestly can't believe how many and often new threads pop up about this.

How did this myth originate that this is possible?? You can't isolate tracks. Period. The most precise and multi-talented EQ in the world can't pull an individual part out of a mix. Every single isolated guitar track you've ever heard is a stem track, either pulled out of an MOGG or a single track from masters.

I know this has been answered already, but I have to weigh in, as I honestly can't believe how many and often new threads pop up about this.

How did this myth originate that this is possible?? You can't isolate tracks. Period. The most precise and multi-talented EQ in the world can't pull an individual part out of a mix. Every single isolated guitar track you've ever heard is a stem track, either pulled out of an MOGG or a single track from masters.

Probably because of the marketing of various products that always make such claims. To be honest, for the average consumer usage, such as singing over a backing track with the vocals (largely) isolated, they work. But then again, for something like doing a tone match ? Not so much

I found an example, this is the one I shared with Yek. let me set this up so you know what I am doing ect. I purchased a Jammit track, it had vocals, bass, drums, and key's in it. I removed the original guitars and put my guitars in that were TM from the original ones in Jammit. I even did the Guitar synth solo part with the Axe II and though it was my time using that effect in the Axe I think it turned out well. "Ignore the count in as I use one obviously so things line up" and was to lazy to remove it for this example haha:)

Playing: Rebel Yell For Video.mp3 - picosong

Wow! You even got a tonematch to sound like Billy. ;-)

But seriously, you did a nice job with this track. Kudos.

Back
Top Bottom