how do you guys carry the axefx if you dont have a case yet???

adildo

Inspired
hey guys sorry for all the nooby questions but. im going to take a 5 hour bus ride down to singapore to get my axe on monday. and i dont have a case to lug that thing around. i cant possible carry it cuz i know it heavy. how would u recommend to transport it around.. i was thinking a roller bag/travel bag to get from the shop back to the bus. i have got the measurements for the axe. corect me if i m wrong, 19 x 3.5 x 13 and i have a travel bag that will be a snug fit. does the bag need to be the exact measurements or slightly bigger, as i have never seen the unit in person so i would like to ask those of you who own one. if that does not work will a gym bag work temporarily? like i said i will just need to collect it from the shop and carry it around with me during the day until the evening bus arrives. (please do remember that the bus station is a few stops away from the shop so its not exactly very close)...obviously afte getting it i will need to make a case, but thats another topic for another day!

Heavy?
From AF2 Manual: "Weight: 14.75 lbs (6.7 kg)"
The packaging & unit survived a United Parcel Service (UPS) delivery in the US.
You can search for a SKB rack case which is what I use. You will need at least a 2u size for the AF2. A 3u if you have a powerer conditioner.
rack case Results | Musician's Friend

hey swervedriver. yup it will be in a box when im picking it up, but the thing is i will be carrying a guitar as well and need to walk quite a distance. so i thought of taking it out of the box and putting it in a luggage/roller bag to carry it around. i am also worried about customs charging me extra if they think it is brand new

jandjrs, thanks for the link. now i need to check the shipping cost to bring it to malaysia! are u using the SKB XRACK2 2U Roto-Molded Case?

Making your own rack case seems like way too much work. Just get a 2U Gator rack bag, or a 3U case if you have a power conditioner, as they are fairly inexpensive. For now, like the other poster said, it'll be fine in it's box.

If they have them around where you are check out the Roadrunner soft 2u rack bag. Thats what I have right now. Perfect size for the axe II, mounts in there bc its a rack case and provides plenty of protection plus you can carry t around like a laptop bag.

thanks guys !! as long as i can make it through customs without getting raped by the extra fee. i will be fine

No. I use a 3u as I have a Furman power conditioner.
SKB 3-Space Standard Rack Case | Musician's Friend
I was pointing out the SKB at Musician's Friend only to show you that there are rack cases for your current & future travel needs. I would think the dollar conversion and shipping would make this purchase cost prohibitive.

FYI: I'm not sure of the translation (if any) of your forum user name. I questioned whether I should respond to your initial post because of it.
dildo - Search results - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maybe it's a compliment where you are. :?

Last edited:
hi jandjrs, thanks for clearing that up, and yes plus the shipping on the rack case, it would add up to be a crazy amount. ( i guess i need to find an alternative)
oh and about my forum username. my real name is adil. and i used to get called names in high school some of which were "adildo" and its been a joke ever since then. if its too offensive for this forum i can change it.! lol

You're probably going to want to keep the box, at least for a while, correct? So carrying a rack bag down there is just going to give you 1 more thing to carry back, and the box packaging is more protective than a rack bag anyway.

I happen to have one of the Axe boxes in front of me and you would have to have a full sized suitcase to fit it. A carry-on style roller bag would not be wide enough. I think I would pick up a cheap expandable cart like this - Folding Hand Truck - and tape it to it or use a bungee cord. Alternative, you could get a roll of high quality strapping tape and make a carry handle out of it for the box. Just a thought.

hi jim! im not sure if i mentioned this clearly enough, the reason that i am thinking of taking the axe out of the box and putting it in a bag, is because i am afraid customs will charge a lot on the way home after i pass the check point. (if they see that is brand new) i was planning to pass the box to a friend there temporarily, with the warranty etc. and take the axe home boxless in a rollerbag. (if the dimensions are correct it should fit in a bag boxless correct?) again this is why i decided to post on the forum, because i have no idea how to go about doing it. im already set to go on monday. so if you have any idea how to do this please let me know!! ( btw i was not planning to bring a rack bag down there, just a rollerbag..)

I take it that leaving it in the box invites custom to impose higher duties.

I got 2 suggestions:

1. Take the axe out of the box and leave the axe attached to the box shipping foam. Add large bubble wrap if needed. Wrap this now in plastic ...and tape. Place this is a roll around travel bag. This should provide you safe transit for the axe from bumps and shocks till you get home.

2. Get rid of the box and all packaging the axe came with, but of course keep the manual and whatever other docs you need. Find some large bubble wrap or some type of "wrap around" packaging foam and safely wrap the axe completely to a degree that protects it from bumps and shocks as you roll it around. Place the axe in a roll around travel bag or gym carry bag.

hi reclevea thanks i think this is a great addition to the earlier idea of the roller bag and yes having it in the box does create some excuse for them to impose higher duties. i want to try this but i am currently looking for a bag to fit the axe. after reading the manual and seeing what the original dimensions were, should i get that size or something slightly bigger? as i have heard the axe II is slightly deeper than axe ultra (not sure what that means). please let me know

Yes, the AxeII is deeper than the Ultra by 3 or 4 inches so it is larger!

Unless you have other items to load in the bag along with the axe, I would not go with too large of a bag. If it is just the axe I wouldn't want it too loose or too snug.

The axe fully bubbled wrapped or foam wrapped should be maybe 2 to 3 inches thicker all around. If it fits snugly ....great. Too loose then just stuff the bag with more wrap or some cloths.

However, I feel even a bit loose will be fine if you adequately safely wrap the axe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom