How do you disable the "Poweramp" section of an AMP block ?

Japster

Inspired
Hi there,

I read here somewhere a suggestion of running 2 AMP blocks in series (Poweramp section turned off on 1st AMP block) to emulate the cascading gain stage employed in Randy Rhoads' Marshall Super Lead amp.

So how do you disable the power amp section of an AMP block ?

Also would this be the same effect as putting a Tube Drive "drive block" in-front of a single AMP block ?

Any help appreciated :)

Also would this be the same effect as putting a Tube Drive "drive block" in-front of a single AMP block ?

It's definitely not the same as simply sticking a tube drive block in front of the amp. Although similar in principle, in this case, you’re using the preamp section of one amp to drive the front end of another. A tube drive pedal is much simpler circuit than the full-blown preamp section of a guitar amplifier and the resulting sound is very different.

I haven’t used the amps-in-series method on guitars. I have used it on basses to get a really nice hi-fi, organic grind that drive pedals simply cannot muster.

Tick-tock, tick-tock....

OK so how does it sound????

Um not so good its sounds kinda muffled, like Shemihazazal said it's a whole preamp section not just a cascading gain stage.

I think Yek is onto something though :razz

Cheers folks

Nice one Yek, you the man !

I'm currently working my way thru the Wiki, hadn't got to that page yet :D

I do recommend new users read the Wiki in conjunction with the User Manual as it's prevented me from making some fundamental errors in my setup and also helps newbies like me to understand just how deep this lovely box goes :)

Scratching the surface is an understatement, I've barely taken the wrapper off it :lol

Back
Top Bottom