How do the Atomic Cabs and wedges measure up?

I am surprised to see so many combinations of power amps, speakers and powered monitors with little mention of the atomic speakers. I saw one thread where it indicated that FRFR 50W was just not loud enough, but if a feed is going to the mains, plut the reenforcemnet of the atomic cabinets, would that not be a nice blend?

I was hoping that the combination of the AX + atomic cabinets would obsolete my other gear, and end my search for a sound that will cut through as well as be consistent out front with whats on stage.

I've used one or two Atomics for about 10 months in practice, jam, and gig settings and I genuinely love them. They seemed better matched to the Axe-Fx than other packages I tried, and I have NEVER had a problem them not being loud enough (I don't generally run them with the master past 3 o clock). I take them out one or two at a time (depending on the gig) and with or without also feeding a PA (which is REALLY nice for the wall of sound experience). I've tried all kinds of placements front, side, stacked. I've loaned them to another guitar player for a loud rock gig as well, and stood both onstage and with the sound guy to make sure things were working great.

I had or borrowed a variety of other amp options -- some FRFR, some not -- but all of which have gone to or are destined for eBay. PM me if you want the list ;)

I need to make some Global EQ adjustments for best mileage (lows and highs down a bit). But once it's right, they cut, they are consistent, and they sound great.

Thanks Matman!

I get what you are saying about the wall of sound thing. When you can get the sound reenforced from as many places as possible -

Do you recommend the wedges or regular cabs? the wedges seems ot have some versitility, but the cabs would give more of a traditional presentaiton.

Do you have master EQ (B-M-T) on each speaker ,so that you dont have to alter your AXE settings to tweek the sound for a given situation?

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom