How do I load

rondamato

I just purchased a pre-owned standard loaded with the previous users presets. I would like to Erase them and reload the default presets from fractal. I have the .syx files in a folder on my desktop and Axe-edit opened. How in the world do I load these into axe-Edit, and then onto my Axe-FX while clearing the existing presets. I apologize in advance for all of the newbie questions.

Regards,
Ron

rondamato said:
I cant get the editor to see the default patches. this software needs a lot of work!!!!
Forget the Editor, use a plain old reliable Midi Librarian tool (like Bome's SendSX or MidiOx).

Also, one suggestion: maybe you want to back up the banks that are already loaded on your unit... you never know, there might be some gems in there. You can use the same librarian tool (SendSX or MidiOx) to back up your existing banks, and then again to load the factory banks onto your Axe.

I'm still waiting for a chance to place an order, so I can't tell you how to download to the Axe-FX, but within Axe-Edit you need to click on "Bank File" and the select "Bank File" from the dropdown. Navigate to the folder where you placed your bank files and select one. Now Axe-Edit should select from that file when you click in the little box just to the left of the preset name.

Hope that helps a little.

Back
Top Bottom