How do I get music from my computer to play through my monitors?

cjsigmund

How do I get my music located on my computer (iTunes, Amazing Slow Downer, etc.) to play at the same time as I am using my AxeFX?

Sorry if this is a simple question, but I have tried searching for an answer.

Thanks in advance!

CJS

Yes.

I downloaded the Mac driver, installed and rebooted the computer.

However, I do not "see" that it is connected anywhere. Ie; an icon on my desktop.

Do I have reboot the AxeFx or just restart it? If reboot, how?

Thanks!

BTW, this thing is awesome!

You need to change the Output Device in Mac System Preferences to Axe fx.

Caution, there is no Volume control on the computer like normal. You need to turn down iTunes itself etc. it will be turned up all the way.

I'm not a Mac guy, but pretty good with computers, so I was trying to help a friend get this working.
Can someone explain this method further?
Is the sound from the Axe going into the Mac via USB and being mixed with iTunes inside the Mac (i.e. you listen to the audio via the Mac headphone outs) or
Is the sound from the Mac going into the Axe via USB and being mixed in the Axe and you listen via the headphone jack on the Axe?

Thanks for any help. A step-by-step would be most appreciated!

Sorry to be so clueless... Just need some clarification.

So the iTunes music will be sent to the Axe-FX via USB and mixed with the Axe sounds inside the Axe-FX?

Do you listen to the mix on the Axe-FX or the Mac?

Any settings need to be changed on the Axe-FX?

Just curious, is your sound coming thru speakers attached to your Axe-FX II?

I am unable to hear my Axe-FX II during recording (due to the horrible latency issues) and only hear it during playback.

Install USB driver
Plug in axe fx via USB
Go to Sound Properties in Control panel and select Axe fx

Audio comes out of the axe so connect speakers there, not the computer.

Just curious, is your sound coming thru speakers attached to your Axe-FX II?

I am unable to hear my Axe-FX II during recording (due to the horrible latency issues) and only hear it during playback.

I use the axe fx as my audio interface most of the time. I am using windows pc. I have my sound coming from the monitors connected to the axe ll. I don't have latency problems, so I assume you may have a few settings in your software that need to be tweaked. Someone will hopefully respond with the correct buffer settings etc. I am not in front of mine, so can't help you. But once set, you should be good to go. If I get in front of my laptop, I will let you know what settings I have.

I would guess latency issues there have more to do with your computer than the axe. What is your buffer setting? How much ram does your system have? Processor? Etc.

The axe is not core audio compliant so it cannot use the mac's system audio controls, when you use a non core audio compliant device that device takes total control of the I/O settings(I.e. you cannot use your volume button, doing so shows the speaker/ icon like its muted). The comment above is that you either need to adjust the output volume on your axe for iTunes or whatever else you are using, or use the volume slider within iTunes to control output to the axe.

by default the latency on my system was 42ms (you could hear a delay)......in the Fractal Audio USB Audio class driver panel you can change the ASIO buffer size : I put it to 256 samples and now latency is 5.3ms. This is on a PC.......

Since I don't use the FX Loop, I input audio into the return on a separate line in the Axe Fx.

Back
Top Bottom