How do I assign a new effect to Mfc 101

What model of axe fx II though? MK1 MK2 XL or XL+? I just want to know so as to advise on what type of cabling or maybe additional accessories to buy to connect your MFC-101 to the AxeFX :)
I believe I have the Axe Fx II with G2 technology. My guess it's the MK II. But for some reason I think I remember seeing Mark III but my eyes could be deceiving me.

If it says 'G2 Modeling Technology' under the display screen it's an Axe-FX II Mark 1

Assuming that's what it is and assuming you get a new MFC-101 from the FAS store (which will be a 'MK 3' version which has a FASLink socket) then your options for connecting the AxeFX to it are:

1. MIDI cable (7 pin) - with that 7 pin cable you can send power down to the MFC by plugging it's power supply into the socket in the back of the Axe-FX - therefore no need to run a power line out to feed the MFC power supply and have it beside the MFC.

2. MIDI (standard 5 pin) - with this cable you will need to plug the MFC power supply into the MFC (so you need the power adapter mounted near the MFC and get electricity supply to it)

3. Ethernet (Cat5 or Cat6) network cable - ethercon type connector on the MFC side possible - but not on the AF2 MK1 side. But just the normal standard RJ connections on both ends of the cable work in both devices. Power is supplied down the cable to the MFC - so no need for the power supply.

4. FASLink - this is just a standard good quality mic (XLR) cable - but if you've an Axe-FX II MK 1 then you'll need to buy the XA-1 FASLink Adapter from the FAS store to convert the mic cable coming from the MFC to ethernet/network cable at the Axe-FX side because the MK 1 has no FASLink socket. Again - power is sent down the cable to the MFC so no need for the power supply.

I have an Axe-FX MK1 and a MFC-101 MK3 - I currently use a heavy duty ethernet CAT6 cable to connect them - no problems to report. I also have a XA-1 adapter, a small ethernet cable tail and a mic cable in my bag as backup (and a MIDI cable + the MFC power adapter too actually!)

If it says 'G2 Modeling Technology' under the display screen it's an Axe-FX II Mark 1

Assuming that's what it is and assuming you get a new MFC-101 from the FAS store (which will be a 'MK 3' version which has a FASLink socket) then your options for connecting the AxeFX to it are:

1. MIDI cable (7 pin) - with that 7 pin cable you can send power down to the MFC by plugging it's power supply into the socket in the back of the Axe-FX - therefore no need to run a power line out to feed the MFC power supply and have it beside the MFC.

2. MIDI (standard 5 pin) - with this cable you will need to plug the MFC power supply into the MFC (so you need the power adapter mounted near the MFC and get electricity supply to it)

3. Ethernet (Cat5 or Cat6) network cable - ethercon type connector on the MFC side possible - but not on the AF2 MK1 side. But just the normal standard RJ connections on both ends of the cable work in both devices. Power is supplied down the cable to the MFC - so no need for the power supply.

4. FASLink - this is just a standard good quality mic (XLR) cable - but if you've an Axe-FX II MK 1 then you'll need to buy the XA-1 FASLink Adapter from the FAS store to convert the mic cable coming from the MFC to ethernet/network cable at the Axe-FX side because the MK 1 has no FASLink socket. Again - power is sent down the cable to the MFC so no need for the power supply.

I have an Axe-FX MK1 and a MFC-101 MK3 - I currently use a heavy duty ethernet CAT6 cable to connect them - no problems to report. I also have a XA-1 adapter, a small ethernet cable tail and a mic cable in my bag as backup (and a MIDI cable + the MFC power adapter too actually!)
Dude, thank you so so very much man thank you. I read this twice. I have good options. However, I thought I had one of the better versions of the axe fx. Lol. But now I realised I dont.

The 'tone engine' in all Axe-FX II /XL and XL+ is exactly the same - there's only some hardware and internal memory differences between them really - so believe me your MK1 is not outdated in any way when it comes to producing sound

Back
Top Bottom