How can the Axe get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewSimon said:
The same difference you get between driving a Camry vs a BMW.

OH NO... I opened a pandora box here
:eek:

Anyway here is my "Jay legal disclaimer"..... IMHO as great as the BMW is, the Camry is more reliable.
My mechanic agrees with me on this one as well.

;)

AndrewSimon said:
The same difference you get between driving a Camry vs a BMW.
OH NO... I opened a pandora box here
:eek:
IMO I don't think you did...but this:
Guitar-Tiz said:
I hate BMW's
I've yet seen anything that would justify the use of such a harsh generalization.

Imagine someone/anyone coming on this board and saying they hate the AxeFx...HOLY SHIT the firestorm that would follow. So why is it any more acceptable to bash so harshly ANYTHING and not be able to back it up with specifics?

IMO, if the person I'm refering to had any decency...he would have responded something like: Yeah, maybe hate's too strong a word. What I don't like in particular is: xxxxx, xxxx and xxxxx.

The debate ends right there.

So, who really is the antagonist here :?:

AndrewSimon said:
IMHO as great as the BMW is, the Camry is more reliable.
My lawnmower is really reliable, too. :lol: FWIW, BMW's build quality did go downhill in the late '90s/early '00s. I have no idea whether they've recovered. OTOH, as it turns out, Toyotas have significant issues of their own....

I own neither these days. My BMWs were all of the '02 (the model, not the year) persuasion: 1602 and 2002. My toy car is a 1970 Lotus Europa, and my grocery-getter is a 99 Passat (same chassis/driveline as the Audi A4 of that period). Neither BMW nor Toyota styling particularly appeals to me.

Jay Mitchell said:
Neither BMW nor Toyota styling particularly appeals to me.
I can agree with that.

Oh, and how do you like that Lotus? All of the sudden I see them all over town, not to surprising as there are all sorts of exotic cars in the area, I actually know the guy that crashed his Bugatti Veyron in the lake, he lives up the road from where I work, so I heard about it the day before it was in the papers. I hear the Lotus' are a pretty awesome driving cars. I do think they are freakishly small though, but they "LOOK" fast, and they seem pretty reasonably priced too.

Lotus has a flex fuel concept that looks promising. It based off of the new Exige I believe.

Anyway, just curious.

By the way? Why are we comparing the Axe-FX to a Toyota, and a theoretical "better" Axe-FX to a BMW anyway?

That doesn't make sense at all.

The Axe-FX is a boutique limited production amp Modeler, so it make more sense to compare it to a Limited production car, like the Bugatti Veyron, or maybe the Audi R8, or a McLaren F1, or even something more esoteric like the Koenigsegg CC8S. That's what it is, the Standard is something less expensive, well less isn't exactly the best term, but still limited in production, like the Audi R8. While the Ultra is something super extra expensive, and all out just fast, and crazy like the Bugatti Veyron.

So this "Axe-FX of the Future" is some "X" car that hasn't even made it to concept yet. It's just a clay mold in someones factory somewhere waiting for the stamp of approval form the big guy, and we won't even know it exists for at least another 5 years. :lol:

Tube amps would be more like the Formula 1 cars.

Pods would be more like a Camery, and this PodHD thing is more like a concept car of some sort, if you believe the hype they could be compared to a concept Beamer, if you must have a BMW in the analogy.

Anyway, it wasn't really all that important, but it had been bugging me (all day today) that there was a Toyota, and a BMW representing models of the Axe-FX. It just seemed wrong to me.

Guitar-Tiz said:
Tube amps would be more like the Formula 1 cars.

Based on the F1 comparison...there isn't a vehicle of any kind that could beat an F1 car on a track. Any car can be driven on a track/any tube amp can play where any AxeFx or any other digital device can play so...the tube amp beats the AxeFx huh? Good job!!!

How about you guys just forget the quite wierd car analogies anyway...love/hate or indifferent?...it's somewhat strange and off topic... :lol:
The only drive I am interested in, are in some of my AxeFX blocks...and they are pretty boutique and untouchable!

I think that ultimately Cliffs amp modelling techniques are of course absolutely limited by current hardware capability - unlike competitors that seem limited by actual engineering capability!), but he keeps finding new ways to optimise and tweak the current ones on the same platform without eating up tonnes more CPU resources!

Modelling is maths, science and experimentation, pure and simple. More processing and memory=more sophisticated modelling possible (although I think I remember Cliff stating he would estimate a need of 10fold in processing power to achieve his next step-up - that should well mean years away). Whether that is perceiveable to most ears or improves feel any more is another matter...

So come on...capaign Analog Devices to create an 1GB 2Ghz Quad/Oct core version of their flagship DSP processor for the same price...so Cliff can have a viable new toy to play with! :lol:

-<MACHINE>- said:
[quote="Guitar-Tiz":qrroc9qr]Tube amps would be more like the Formula 1 cars.

Based on the F1 comparison...there isn't a vehicle of any kind that could beat an F1 car on a track. Any car can be driven on a track/any tube amp can play where any AxeFx or any other digital device can play so...the tube amp beats the AxeFx huh? Good job!!![/quote:qrroc9qr]
Well, damn, they deleted my post, so I'll just have to sum it up for you.

You're intentionally trying to piss me off, so I'm done having this conversation with you, so stop with your stick poking crap. It's OVER, so act like an adult, and just get over it.

Guitar-Tiz said:
Well, damn, they deleted my post, so I'll just have to sum it up for you.

You're intentionally trying to piss me off, so I'm done having this conversation with you, so stop with your stick poking crap. It's OVER, so act like an adult, and just get over it.

As you wish.

Just keep the following in mind when you spout off immature generalizations and/or falsely accuse others of stick poking...

-<MACHINE>- said:
IMO, if the person I'm refering to had any decency...he would have responded something like: Yeah, maybe hate's too strong a word. What I don't like in particular is: xxxxx, xxxx and xxxxx.

-<MACHINE>- said:
As you wish.

Just keep the following in mind when you spout off immature generalizations and/or falsely accuse others of stick poking...

[quote="-<MACHINE>-":w2bx16sb]IMO, if the person I'm refering to had any decency...he would have responded something like: Yeah, maybe hate's too strong a word. What I don't like in particular is: xxxxx, xxxx and xxxxx.

[/quote:w2bx16sb]

Jesus Feckin Christ. Get over yourself! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hate/do not like, whatever - a pointless argument of no relevance what so ever. How about rising above it and contributing to the original topic.

Just a thought. sigh.

*YAWN*
yawn-1.png

Griffin said:
Jesus Feckin Christ. Get over yourself! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hate/do not like, whatever - a pointless argument of no relevance what so ever. How about rising above it and contributing to the original topic.

Just a thought. sigh.
You know, I think more arguments could be avoided if we all thought like you.

Thank you.

Oh, and +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom