How can I have my Axe FX "ROARING"

Jesus, anything more raw and it'll be moo-ing. Maybe you and I should switch places, cos I want the exact opposite. I think I'm not going to play until G3 releases. I just spend hours getting nowhere......

South-Park-Comcast-Character-Nipple-Rub.gif

Juicing the power amp definitely helps to give more roar and muscle in your tone. :)

Also, on the speaker page of the amp block, try decreasing the transformer match a little bit and increasing the speaker drive a little. Then on the cab block, set your high and low pass filters to frequencies that are close to the speaker's actual frequency response and then add just a touch of room reverb. Turn it up until you barely hear it, then back it off a touch.

I've found that small adjustments tend to give more "real" results. Play around with it and you'll find your way to your own secret recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to be 18 AGAIN!!!!
Maybe my hair will grow back and the line of ladies will re-emerge!!!!!

Yes, it is this "soon" again and I can see him smiling. English is not my native language and I am not sure if I get him right. It sounds to me as if my daughter asks me: "Daddy, when do I get a cat?" and I answer: "Soon." (... in a couple of years)

Hi,

I'm looking for magical recipes to help me to hear something more raw, more 3D, more agressive in my presets with high gain amp blocks.

Something less smooth in a certain part of the frequency spectrum, maybe all the spectrum, I don't know exactly where to have it to happen exactly (lows or low-mids I don't know).

Should I :

-use another particular amp block with a particular filter in parallel with the existing one in my presets
-use more/less reverb/compression on a certain frequency range,
-try to use a particular combination of parameters in the amp block,
-use a particular cab or cabs in parallel.

Thanks.

Have you tried my Alloy IRs? I'm not sure what you mean with "roar" but that's how I would describe the Alloys. Basically it adds a new dimension because of realistic microphone phase. You can try them for free! Get the newest firmware and try CK USA TRAD stock IRs. You can even mix them together to get a fuller sound with less bite.

Get a Matrix Fr212 and matrix amp, I have tried lots of FR and non FR options, real cabs , real amps via fx return and at last feel the search is over. It now has massive balls!

Back
Top Bottom