How are you guys organising FX8 for live Covers Gig

serge20261

Inspired
Having a really hard time organising this for gigging,is there anyway at all to have the top four buttons as scenes and the bottom four to switch presets,would make life so much easier.Personally four scene buttons atop of the preset is plenty.
Another feature that would be cool is setlist capabilities

Your first question about the button has been listed in the wish list and it looks like the engineers from Fractal have already picked up on it, so you may see that in a future release.

I have a preset named for every song in the set list. Then each of those presets has the various scenes for different guitar parts within the song. While it's true that I haven't needed more than 4 scenes per song so far, this method works flawlessly for me. I only wish that you could change the preset order on the FX8 itself.

I have a preset named for every song in the set list. Then each of those presets has the various scenes for different guitar parts within the song. While it's true that I haven't needed more than 4 scenes per song so far, this method works flawlessly for me. I only wish that you could change the preset order on the FX8 itself.

Ditto.

I'm still experimenting. The preset per song sounds good but it's not working for me for various reasons. I'm going to try a preset per sound, then use scenes for variations. For example, a preset for rhythm, a preset for lead, for clean, for harmonies. Within rhythm, a scene for dry, scene for chorus, etc. this will take a bit of memory training and will require two stomps to get to some sounds, but it gets me by my eq and PC reset issues. Since I'm using another foot board for scenes I may use banks on the other controller to simulate a song mode... Maybe, could be too much work. Or for songs that I don't want to double stomp I can just use a new set of presets.

After the 3rd day of Playing with my FX8 I decided to go with 2 presets
Preset 1 is Clean with scenes containing modulation,verbs,delays and a clean and overdriven solo
Preset 2 is Crunch with scenes containing,verbs,delays,filters for solo boost
Two presets covers a lot of ground,Typically I use scene buttons 5 @ 6 for soloing on corresponding presets.

Back
Top Bottom