how about cab pack 12 ?

Tonewicker

Inspired
ok since im a big fan of 5150 amps (im almost using it for everything) just started to think about cab pack 12 but couldnt see a lot of comments/post/clips about it. anyone using it ? what are your thoughts ?

Hey Tonewicker! I'm not sure how I missed this one. Cab Pack 12 is based on the EVH 4x12 with G12EVH speakers. These speakers are designed by Eddie Van Halen himself and in this case it's what separates it from most other cabinets. They work great with the EVH and Peavey amp sims in the Axe-Fx. Using this pack with other amp sims makes them sound a bit more modern. I would say Eddie likes his amps with a lot of mids and therefore his speaker/cabinet is a bit more middle scooped than other cabs. It's impossible for me to say if it's exactly what you're looking for so instead I'll just post some clips down here and if you like what you hear I'm sure you'll like the pack. :)

You can definitely hear that EVH type pick attack in there. :)

Hey Tonewicker! I'm not sure how I missed this one. Cab Pack 12 is based on the EVH 4x12 with G12EVH speakers. These speakers are designed by Eddie Van Halen himself and in this case it's what separates it from most other cabinets. They work great with the EVH and Peavey amp sims in the Axe-Fx. Using this pack with other amp sims makes them sound a bit more modern. I would say Eddie likes his amps with a lot of mids and therefore his speaker/cabinet is a bit more middle scooped than other cabs. It's impossible for me to say if it's exactly what you're looking for so instead I'll just post some clips down here and if you like what you hear I'm sure you'll like the pack. :)

You can definitely hear that EVH type pick attack in there. :)

thanks clark! ill think ill love this pack (im sold out) will buy today and try out :)

thanks clark! ill think ill love this pack (im sold out) will buy today and try out :)
It's definitely a unique pack. The timing for the release was kind of low season so that's why there's not much talk about that pack but it really has a unique dynamic character to it. It's a juicy bouncy feeling pack with a nice growl to it. The 20W speakers must be a homage to Pre-Rola Greenback speakers. :)

It's definitely a unique pack. The timing for the release was kind of low season so that's why there's not much talk about that pack but it really has a unique dynamic character to it. It's a juicy bouncy feeling pack with a nice growl to it. The 20W speakers must be a homage to Pre-Rola Greenback speakers. :)
i bought it yesterday and its GREAT! for my use/needs its the best cab so far im in love with it! thanks for your wonderful work:) will post demos as soon as i can :)

i bought it yesterday and its GREAT! for my use/needs its the best cab so far im in love with it! thanks for your wonderful work:) will post demos as soon as i can :)
Ohh yes! I'm very glad to hear that. I'm sure a demo clip would interest a lot of people in here. :)

Aaaand now it sounds like Disturbed to me. :) Some Dan Donegan type riffage in there. Actually I really loved the originality in some of those riffs dude. I'm sure people would love a preset. ;)

Back
Top Bottom