How ‘bout them KC Chiefs!

I've been a Chiefs fan since they drafted Christian Okoye. My Dad had taken me to an Azusa Pacific University football game to see his good friend's Son play. Christian was amazing dragging multiple defenders down field for extra yards. When I heard he got drafted by the Chiefs I started following the team.

It has been a number of years since them and I always felt the franchise never balanced things out. Either we had a great defense and the offense was anemic. Or the offense was prolific and the defense was lacking. For example, the one year the went 13-3 the defense failed them down the stretch and all they did was hire Gunther Cunningham but they didn't really bring any impact players in on defense. The following season I think it was Priest Holmes went down and things were back to mediocrity.

Last season couple of seasons they really turned a corner. Mahomes is a large part for sure but management has made the effort to bring in better talent, in particular on defense and they really came through last year. As a fan I also appreciate they re-signing a lot of the key guys.

Chiefs seem really pumped to get back at it and I think they have a great shot to win the Super Bowl again. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and all this COVID stuff gets resolved. I am definitely looking forward to this season (and beyond).

I've been a Chiefs fan since they drafted Christian Okoye. My Dad had taken me to an Azusa Pacific University football game to see his good friend's Son play. Christian was amazing dragging multiple defenders down field for extra yards. When I heard he got drafted by the Chiefs I started following the team.

It has been a number of years since them and I always felt the franchise never balanced things out. Either we had a great defense and the offense was anemic. Or the offense was prolific and the defense was lacking. For example, the one year the went 13-3 the defense failed them down the stretch and all they did was hire Gunther Cunningham but they didn't really bring any impact players in on defense. The following season I think it was Priest Holmes went down and things were back to mediocrity.

Last season couple of seasons they really turned a corner. Mahomes is a large part for sure but management has made the effort to bring in better talent, in particular on defense and they really came through last year. As a fan I also appreciate they re-signing a lot of the key guys.

Chiefs seem really pumped to get back at it and I think they have a great shot to win the Super Bowl again. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and all this COVID stuff gets resolved. I am definitely looking forward to this season (and beyond).
I know what you mean...always a great defense or offense but never both.....til now! Yes, I think barring any big injuries, the afc trip to the Super Bowl goes through KC again this year. Been waiting a long time for a team like this.

I get it bub - I think if Mahomes comes in and really hits em with the Hine, this year could be really great for them again.
And how bout them Royals bub ??
Well, I have to admit I’m a bit of a fair weather Royals fan Ha Ha......meaning baseball isn’t my main cup of tea, but I usually get interested if the Royals are still playing in October. ;)

I think they'll START the season, but I have doubts they'll finish it.

Inevitably, there will be a flare on one of the teams, and that will throw a wrench into the works. They will either have to start a pile of scrubs off the practice squads or forfeit a game while others are sick/quarantined.

I think that you need to look no further than Andy Reid for KC's success. He has a great eye for talent on the offensive side. He needed a better defense, and the all important guy taking snaps. Smith was solid, but he can't do that extra 20% that you get from Mahomes.

I live in Denver, and there's a collective annoyance here that they'll see Mahomes for the next 10+ years. (I'm a Rams fan, so I just like that they broadcast the KC games here.)

It will be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom