How’s Win 10 treating you?

I was using all windows since 3.11, up to January I was using Lenovo Yoga with Win 10 Pro (top model). I was forced to change to Macbook Pro (top model 13") and that thing sometimes pisses me off. First example of many - in Windows you just click on item in window and it automatically switches active window, in Mac you need 2 clicks for the same... I am using 2 external monitors and Mac changes their location randomly not even after every wake up, but even after lock/unlock... Never happened with Win. Most of the software I use are ported now to Mac, but it is easier in some cases (and faster) to run them on Win10Pro running on Pararells. I really like the Apple ecosystem (now Ipad and Iphone became really powerfull tools), but only pararells keeps me from trashing MacBook.

Since XP I was using Pro versions of Windows. Of course BSOD was annoying, and it sometimes happened on 10Pro, but for me 10 is personally best OS for work. I had also few times critical freeze of MBP, so it is also not so stable I was thinking (or other people said to me) - and that was big suprise for me, especially that I lost some work. I have at home 11" Dell (I do not remember the model, it is with touch screen and possibility to use as tablet) for my music purposes, works great with Reaper and Axe FX, there was few times "no audio" issue with AFX, but I closed the software, restarted Axe and it was OK. Never had an issue with locked USB when did not eject it. Never had any commercials attacking me in Windows.

Both has pros and cons. I still think that Windows is easier, more intuitive and faster to work with (engineering software, database software) and more configurable; Apple is much better in regard of mobility - integration of all devices is briliant.

Concluding - Mac is not so bad (except annoying switching windows or sceen lottery) for me, but only when supported by Win10Pro runing in Pararells. Of course some of you might not agree - but that is the working model giving me proper results.

The advanced network menus are all still there but yeah it's now 4 clicks instead of 2.
For me win 10 is so much better than previous iterations. But the search function is just broken, across multiple pcs I have the same experience - tries to search across wide variety of sources but fails to just filter the start menu programs effectively.
I'd say Microsoft has done a great job in the past 10 years of transforming the way they work, open sourcing a lot of projects, working with the community.

Back
Top Bottom