House Music - Something a lil different - Sexy Lounge/Cocktail backing w/Mark IV Solo

how do you find the playability of the prs vs the jems lenny?

i know everyone here loves the suhrs.. ive played a few and prefer my jem.. the jem just seems balanced across/ up n down the fret board (feels flat and even throughout) and with the brass block and Ttremol-no it has great sound

correction its not brass, its a custom mix a local guy did.

Last edited:
Cheers Jackel!
Vai is the King of it...
He actually borrowed my Legacy for the entire UltraZone Australian world tour!
You'll see it in my of my other vids here:
Lenny DeRoma - Lenny D Extras - YouTube

I got some good tips on "face" from him, McAlipine, and Billy Sheehan.
Then gave Tony some tips showing him our Aussie strip club nightlife - a place called Crazy Horse lol!!!

Thanx kfliegner...
Not sure why the Brooklyn peg???
I do travel a lot with music - mainly my resident gigs throughout Australia, and also thru Asia with this kinda House stuff, and always writing/co-producing with US and Euro artists...
Please check my other vids on
Lenny DeRoma - Lenny D Extras - YouTube
You'll see me jammin' with LMFAO and a few support shows with major artists

Joel...
To answer your question,

With my collection of Jems and my PRS...
Tone/Image really depends on the gig/performance and genre/application.
Both guitars are so flexible - My PRS is a Custon 24 with 5 way switching which is great.
I get closer to a Les Paul tone using the PRS where the Jem is def a thinner sound, and also closer to a Fender clean tone on the PRS...
But usually just go to my Gold Top or a standard strat when I'm going for that sound.

The Jems I use usually purely for Image at a club or artist show...
But then if I play a classy bar or the odd wedding for a friend, the PRS looks appropriate and works really well!

Playability...
Personally I definitely prefer the Jem, but must be set up right!
I can play anything on those baby's ; )
But does depend on which Jem u use as there's been different neck on different models over the years.
But saying that - my PRS has the normal neck, not the Thin pattern which is still great.
You'll see in the vid i really 'grab' hold of the neck in parts when I have to which really feels good compared to some of the thinner wizard necks of the jem which feels as tho there is nothing there but u can fly over!

YES - Suhrs are great - a dream to play and tone - not a common item here in Oz... we only seem to have them in Melbourne.

hope that info helps
Thanx

its a john 5 triple deluxe and i have to say one of my favourite guitars.

I have the custom shop j5 as well and its no where near as good. Although saying that I did have an amazing guy called Joe who has a guitar repair / building business in Birmingham do his magic to it. It has 3 fender enforcer pickups which are pretty cool but Joe made both controls push pull. One reverses the polarity of what ever pick up selection you have on, and the other adds in the middle pickup. It sounds amazing

But yeah it just looks cool too. And Zakk loves looking at himself in the mirror scratch guard :)

wow dude
That's amazing.
Mesa Mark IV tone is perfect and sounds just like the real thing.
And playing is off the chain.

Back
Top Bottom