Hotone Ampero Press with FM3 range issue

tsahnar

Hi all,

I own the FM3 device and very enjoys the sounds i'm getting. Just bought an expression pedal for it - the Hotone Ampero Press expression pedal

Does any one tried to control the FM3 with it? I plugged it in, but for some reason the max range I can get with it (e.g in Wah) is only up to 4.3 - which is less than half of the range I see the control can get to.
When I go to calibrate the pedal, also getting up to around the half of the full range.

Did anyone encounter this issue using the ampero press/other expression pedals?

Thanks!

Checking the product description, it has a 10k pot (good) and supports a separate TRS expression jack (good).

The manual also shows this:

8B813CDF-A56B-43F3-BFB3-BEE5E80608A3.jpeg

I don't know if that's the proper polarity or not, but maybe someone who knows can chime in.

In the meantime, are you using a good TRS cable and are you connecting to the Exp Out jack on the pedal?

Hi! Thanks for your response.
Im
Using like an old guitar cable at the moment. Planning on buying a proper cable.
I’m actually connecting to the output connection - just from the exp1 in the FM3 to the output of the pedal. Should I do it differently?

You need to use a TRS cable from the Exp Out to the pedal jack on the FM3. You're doing neither...

That is why you're not getting the correct results.

Back
Top Bottom