Hooking Art SLA 2 with Axe FX

Thanks for the pics! That was perfect!

Question, in that 4 space rack, are you ever afraid that the Axe or ART will overheat? Or is there plenty of ventilation?

That's spot on! ill try to get this cable as i was decieved by guys from marketek who promissed me that they will send me unit with this cable.

I noticed that you have two screws on the centre of the unit which are missing on my one. Is that a newer model?

The Shredding Hand said:

Question, in that 4 space rack, are you ever afraid that the Axe or ART will overheat? Or is there plenty of ventilation?

Haven't been too worried about overheating as I normally don't play for more than 3 hours straight. Also, I keep the back of the rack open - it has a cover that I don't put on unless I need to transport the rack.

sickindian said:
That's spot on! ill try to get this cable as i was decieved by guys from marketek who promissed me that they will send me unit with this cable.

I noticed that you have two screws on the centre of the unit which are missing on my one. Is that a newer model?

You know what... I never even paid attention to those screws until you mentioned them now. I ordered/received my Axe-Fx in the last week of November 2009 if that helps...

This probably was addressed several times. My front panel looks as if he was bent and at the beginning I thought the unit is really broken but it seems that new units have been improved i wish my one was. ;/

Btw i cant get this cable here in uk ;/ crap. Could anyone buy one for me ? :)

iohanr said:
The Shredding Hand said:

Haven't been too worried about overheating as I normally don't play for more than 3 hours straight. Also, I keep the back of the rack open - it has a cover that I don't put on unless I need to transport the rack.

Perfect, you've got the exact set-up I want to do! Except I'd get the power conditioner with the lights, it's cool! Haha! :lol:

What lenght of cable you bought to connect it ? I've just checked my cab and I need at least 80 cm =>31 inches?

I cant get the cable in UK and I cant get it from US WTF i suppose to do?

Update:
I finally got my sla2 connected with AXE FX and the sound difference is definitely noticeable. I can hear more bottom now which needs to be tweaked as I dont need as much as there is just now . My mesas' preamp seems to be more mid/high sounding.

What I also noticed is that I can hear buzz when the sla2 is connected to 2X12 mesa cab (can that be a cable?) My soldering is usually good as I make all my cables myself but this time I can hear this strange buzz!
Any ideas? Maybe I need to switch something in sla2?

Back
Top Bottom