Hook up help...not a rush

stephenclark1

Experienced
I was given a Lexicon MX200 and Alesis MidiVerb III the other day. Really know I don't need them but I wouldn't mind putting them in my desk rack and hooking them to my Turbo just for shits and giggles once in a while
I have a pedal from way back on my board beside my FC's already and using ins and outs of 3 as a loop. Given the fact that all three units have L&R inputs and outputs how would be the best way to make this into one loop? I assume I go down to the pedal on the board back up the the rack units and to the Axe...

I was given a Lexicon MX200 and Alesis MidiVerb III the other day. Really know I don't need them but I wouldn't mind putting them in my desk rack and hooking them to my Turbo just for shits and giggles once in a while
I have a pedal from way back on my board beside my FC's already and using ins and outs of 3 as a loop. Given the fact that all three units have L&R inputs and outputs how would be the best way to make this into one loop? I assume I go down to the pedal on the board back up the the rack units and to the Axe...
Depends on the Pedal and where you'd place it in your Signal Chain. If it was me id use Loop 3 for pedals on your board and a empty loop like 4 for the any Rack Effects that way you can place them sep. in your signal path id also look into a loop switcwer if your going to be messing with a bunch of Ext. Gear. I still mess with old school Rack pre amps, Rack FX & Pedals at times. I Keep my ADA MP1 in loop 4 of Axe FX & place all my Pedals & Rack FX in loops of a Voodoo Lab GCX Loop Switcher and run the Out 3 of the AXe FX to the input of the GCX and out of the GCX to IN 3 of the Axe FX. Since all my Rack FX & Pedals are in the GCX i can Engage or totally bypass them depending on what loops of the GCX is on or off or totally bybass the GCX by not having loop 3 of the Axe on in a Patch/preset. Hopfully this all makes sense.

Depends on the Pedal and where you'd place it in your Signal Chain. If it was me id use Loop 3 for pedals on your board and a empty loop like 4 for the any Rack Effects that way you can place them sep. in your signal path id also look into a loop switcwer if your going to be messing with a bunch of Ext. Gear. I still mess with old school Rack pre amps, Rack FX & Pedals at times. I Keep my ADA MP1 in loop 4 of Axe FX & place all my Pedals & Rack FX in loops of a Voodoo Lab GCX Loop Switcher and run the Out 3 of the AXe FX to the input of the GCX and out of the GCX to IN 3 of the Axe FX. Since all my Rack FX & Pedals are in the GCX i can Engage or totally bypass them depending on what loops of the GCX is on or off or totally bybass the GCX by not having loop 3 of the Axe on in a Patch/preset. Hopfully this all makes sense.
Helps a lot! It didn’t occur to me to use 4. I’ll look into the switcher. Not sure how much I’ll incorporate or use the pieces but free is free and it was stuff I couldn’t reality afford back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom