Home Studio setup Question!

DaveyG84

Hey all,
Thanks for taking the time to read this... I really appreciate it.

I have the following:
Axe FX2XL+
Tour tech 16s E Drums
EZ Drummer into Studio One 4 Pro (Windows 10)

I would like to connect my EDrums via Midi to the Axe and enable the features in EZ Drummer for recording different drum sounds.
I have managed to get some input to Studio One through using the Input 2 on the Axe and connected my Drums via USB to the PC but EZDrummer isn't doing anything.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible? Maybe a MIDI cable is needed from the EDrums Out to Axe Midi In?

Is it that simple?

If there is anyone out there who could recommend a way of doing this that would be awesome as I want to add some drums to a track I'm making.

I don't have that exact brand of e-drums, but I have an Alesis e-drum kit. I've always just connected the kit to the computer via USB and used it as a MIDI device that way.

I don't have that exact brand of e-drums, but I have an Alesis e-drum kit. I've always just connected the kit to the computer via USB and used it as a MIDI device that way.
That's what I thought, but it's not picking up anything in my DAW if I go through the Axe as the interface

Dunno about windows but in a Mac if that was an issue I’d have to configure that to work in the audio midi setup in OS X.

IIRC, you have to turn on USB Adapter Mode in the I/O menu > MIDI page. I believe this lets you use the MIDI In ports on the Axe II as a source for MIDI signals going to your DAW.

@DaveyG84 I'm like two weeks late with my reply here because I don't check this forum all that much anymore, but I'll pass this on anyway.

I don't have Studio One 4, but I have Studio One 3 which is probably similar. You might need to add your MIDI drums as a new instrument.

Go to "Studio one" > "Options" from the top menu.
Go to the "External Devices" tab and click "Add..." down at the bottom.
Select "New Instrument" and give a name in "Device Name".
On the "Receive From" select your MIDI drum kit. If its not listed there, you may have to download drivers or something. (Disregard the MOTU M4 Series MIDI In. I don't have an drum-kit setup currently so that's all I have available in my drop-down menu.)

1611799723211.png

Back
Top Bottom