Home Spkr Advice

RickTN

Inspired
I have upgraded most things in my home music room. Everything is pretty much top of the line.....except my speakers. What's some opinions about speakers? I need them to be powered. I never play out. These are my speakers for my AXE and DAW (which also has my computer and TV patched through for sound). What would be the BEST (or REASONABLY best.....if I can afford that)...and also some middle of the road that are pretty good without needing to win the lottery to afford?

The speakers should be the building blocks of your system. Honestly buy the best speakers within reason and you won't regret it, ever.
For me it's ADAM A7 or bigger for life.

The speakers should be the building blocks of your system. Honestly buy the best speakers within reason and you won't regret it, ever.
For me it's ADAM A7 or bigger for life.
Just looked those up....I could handle that price..... $1300-$1500 / pair

I'm interested in the Tannoy Reveal 802's myself. Like the feature set and they're way cheaper. Those are what I'm getting when they are back in stock. That's where my research took me anyway.

I'm interested in the Tannoy Reveal 802's myself. Like the feature set and they're way cheaper. Those are what I'm getting when they are back in stock. That's where my research took me anyway.
According to Sweetwater those are, No Longer Available.

Genelec 8330. Integrated DSP helps to get the best sound you can in non treated rooms. Pretty small in size.

According to Sweetwater those are, No Longer Available.
According to Musicians Friend they are expecting more on 1/19/16. I saw the same date on another gear site too. Don't remember which one but I enrolled in email notification from both sites when available.

Ok. Scratch the Tannoy's. I'm now looking to get the Presonus Eris E8's. More reviews and more usage by Fractal community.

Hard question...every thread I read is different. Thought the Yamaha HS8 was the way to go..within the $700 pair.
For in home only..I think as a home only monitor..you want a minimum 8". It's not about the volume..but you need it for the low end.
Some of the 8 " speakers have a subwoofer option. So maybe the 10 inch should be the minimum?

G'day Rick,
Couldn't go wrong with some 8" Questeds.

thanks
Pauly

I have upgraded most things in my home music room. Everything is pretty much top of the line.....except my speakers. What's some opinions about speakers? I need them to be powered. I never play out. These are my speakers for my AXE and DAW (which also has my computer and TV patched through for sound). What would be the BEST (or REASONABLY best.....if I can afford that)...and also some middle of the road that are pretty good without needing to win the lottery to afford?

Back
Top Bottom