Home alone

Guitars go into the Morley ABC switcher on the pedalboard.

The Morley goes into the Lehle 1@3. This splits the signal and sends it to the III, FM9 and FM3. This makes it easy to beta-test, and to switch and compare sounds.

The outputs of the III, FM9 and FM3 go into the analog Samson line mixer. Together with computer sound, drum machine and other stuff. The Samson is connected to the Adam studio monitors and lets me set the overall volume level, mix / switch signals, mute (to listen through the Meze headphones), etc. It's a great device because it's 100% functional and takes up little space.

The RJM MIDI board controls the Axe-Fx. The iPad is connected wirelessly to the RJM through a CME WIDI Master.

A 2nd output on the Axe-Fx (or FM9 or FM3) feeds the Matrix power amp and 2x12 speaker cabinet, pictured left. I listen to the cabinet off-axis.

The Rumble Dyna-Cab with condenser mic sounds very much like the real 2x12 cabinet with its EV-12L speaker, through the Adam monitors as well as through the CLRs. The CLRs in the pic are put there only temporarily, for fun, and to check for consistency. The sound is the same as from the Adam monitors.

All devices are connected to the iMac through USB, of course.

Edit: acoustic guitars go through a Neve DI and TC BodyRez.

Last edited:
Very nice! I have been redoing mine as well, but school is out for the summer, so my wife is home, so not much I can do right now until school starts again!

Screaming Macaulay Culkin GIF by Home Alone

Yek wrote: "The RJM MIDI board controls the Axe-Fx. The iPad is connected wirelessly to the RJM through a CME WIDI Master." Not a question of "how many", it's about what he's doing with it. RJM Editor is available as a Win/Mac app, but nothing for iPad that I'm aware of...

Back
Top Bottom