Holy Shitballs in reverse

I just sent my II in for repair on the front panel screen. I had to play through Guitar Rig 4 for the first time since 2010. I previously thought GR was the pinnacle in modeling before I bought my Ultra. If I wasn't moving into a new house this summer I would seriously consider buying a second unit as a back up. I miss my axe.

They have support groups for these issues, don't they?

I've had to go back to my ElevenRack on occasion, and it is a pretty darn good sounding unit, but there is no comparing to the AFXII sounds. Even the sound man said "your guitar sounds a little flat tonight, not like normal. What's different?" Not a guitar player, but he knew something wasn't the same. I understand your "this used to sound great" feeling!

I never sold my Axe Standard. I still use it regularly...

(...because I am too damn lazy to move the Axe II from the main studio to the home studio. And to think I used to haul 4x12 cabinets around.)

I have also realized after playing through Guitar Rig for a few days that the Axe was covering up for my suckage a bit. Just another reason to wish I had a backup unit.

Own guitar rig but never got warm with it...it cools down my natural given addiction to play.
Hope for you that you get your axe back soon.

When I sold my ultra in preparation for the II, I went nuts.

Ended up getting a Standard to hold me over.

If I required a backup I would find another standard.

I still love the gen 1 units.

If I required a backup I would find another standard.

I still love the gen 1 units.

The II spoils us too much, people forget that the first generation Standard is still a truly brilliant bit of gear. Far, far better than Guitar Rig

Back
Top Bottom