HOLY SHIT I'M STILL ALIVE.......

moshwitz

Inspired
Sup?

I'm Alive,,, I live in the Hulaco/ Ryan area if north Alabama,,and WE GOT FUKIN HAMMMMMMMMERERD. by the EF4 tornado that grinded through here on WED.

Here is a vid that I found...

It was raining then the dime sized hail started,,,,When the Baseball sized hail stopped and everything got calm, I walked out of my house and as I live out in the woods kinda,,I could not see it,, but could hear it,,knew it was pretty close and there is only one way out of my area,,,,,,I know you are not supposed to drive,,,,,but,,, I threw the kid in the car and started down the road....,,, cause I want to at least have some sort of idea if I could get to the road that leads west as I could hear it on my east side.

This is not mine, but If you look at the vid at 1:35,,,,when I got to the end of my road, This is what stood in front of me at a distance of absofuckinglutely less that a quarter of a mile,,as I could see it eating up one of the houses across the big field in front of me.

so we hooked a right and got the fuck out down the road. If I didn't have the kid with me, I probably would have went back and got my camera,,being the nutjob that I am,,,,but at the same time I kinda hope I never have to see one that close EVER AGAIN!

It passed about the same distance from Mom and Dads place but since it was traveling NE and they were on the East side of it they have 22 trees down and some damage to the house as 2 oaks came down on it and my brother and I have been sawing them off,, and getting the roof temp. framed back and dried in till they can get it replaced since it happened. I am actually using a borrowed generator to power the computer, on a whim, and am amazed that the DSL is even online as we just got it back like last week, but it didn't hit the school, so,,,,but we have been without power since WED.

Anyway,, I don't know how long we will have the generator, or when I will be back on after tonight,,But anyone who has been trying to get a hold of me,,or i have any gear deals going on with,, I'm alive,,, and bear with me I will get with you as soon as I can. My cell still works so you can hit me on that ,,and I will try to check all my E-mail when I can from where I can.

MOSHON

DAVE

it's going to take more then a tornado to smite a level 8 guitar demon with mythril strings that have +8 vs. nature attacks.

Glad to hear you're alright man.

Whoa - glad you and your family are safe. That was one scary round of very serious storms down there in your part of the country.

An EF4, you call that a tornado? I survived an EF5 once. And not just any EF5, but the most powerful one ever recorded (OKC-May 3, 1999). Start a thread when you have something real to report (sheesh, "an EF4", my ex girlfriend blows harder than that :roll).

;););) Glad to know you are ok.

Last edited:
Sup?

Thanks again guys.

I'm trying to get a couple pics uploaded now.

Shredi.... thanks for the giggle,, i needed that. BTW,,I remember watching that on the TV. 12 years today MOF.

MOSHON
DAVE

OK,
I'm gonna C+P this post as I have a couple places I checked in on...

Anyway, Here we go,

These are from my folks camera right after it went through..

GEDC0140.jpg

GEDC0133-1.jpg

You can still kinda see the son of a bitch over the house in this one
GEDC0134-1.jpg

Moms car is under there on the left..

GEDC0151.jpg

GEDC0152.jpg

This is from my Cell during ( sorry it sucks)
GEDC0178.jpg

and as I got up the road
GEDC0177.jpg

Same spot ..the next day with my camera
GEDC0191.jpg

GEDC0188.jpg

GEDC0187.jpg

GEDC0221.jpg
GEDC0222.jpg

GEDC0240.jpg

I walked to the other end of the roof and snapped this pic of the corner store that is just caddy corner from their house

GEDC0170.jpg

Holy cow, unbelievable pics. What a nightmare!! Good to hear that your folks made it through. I wouldn't want to be the insurance claims guy!

Back
Top Bottom