Holy crap the new JVM sounds great

as a former JVM owner it was always my favourite. If was always the fave on the JVM forum back then too. Its a great tone and I always regretted it wasn't possible to dial in 2 or 3 variations of this mode and switch between them on the JVM because I reckon that mode could do just about everything a hairy rocker could want!
Rachel? Is this you? :p

Cheers,

Benji

On a slightly related note, it's interesting to note that the JVM channels were purported to be replications of old Marshall amps, the JCM800 2204 being one of them. Since then the JVM seems to be new Marshall rock/metal standard. It figures, as I had a JVM410H and sold it after I got my Ultra. I could never get a tone I was happy with from the Marshall models in the Ultra since though.

I'm seriously thinking of getting an Axe II because of this new amp model.

It's a really great model... I love it, and I've owned some really good Marshall amps in the past!

Bill

JVM&M's...Yummy!

It's a really great model... I love it, and I've owned some really good Marshall amps in the past!

Bill

In fact, I detailed my love of the Brit JVM model in the following thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/45043-new-brit-jvm-model-happiness.html

That was a couple of days after trying it, and I have NOT changed my opinion since!

P.S. The Marshall amps I owned were:

1979 JMP Master Volume MK-II Lead 2x12 Combo
1988 Silver Jubilee JCM800 1x12 Combo
1995 JCM900 100W/1960A 4x12 Half-Stack

Bill

Back
Top Bottom