Holy crap...FAS Lead 2. Wow!!!

bstaley

Inspired
Stumbled upon this amp and once I dialed it in it has to be one of the best Lead tones I've ever heard, at least for high gain shredding tones. I looked at the wiki and it says it is a British based tonestack but also says it is based on the Triaxis. How is that possible since those two statements seem to contradict each other? Does anybody have more info about this model?

The FAS-named amps are, to my knowledge, not modelled after specific real world amps (probably influenced by, but not ment to be exact replicas of), but Cliffs own special creations :)

Stumbled upon this amp and once I dialed it in it has to be one of the best Lead tones I've ever heard, at least for high gain shredding tones. I looked at the wiki and it says it is a British based tonestack but also says it is based on the Triaxis. How is that possible since those two statements seem to contradict each other? Does anybody have more info about this model?
It's possible because from what I understand you can put a tonestack from a given amp into another...which is not possible in real life, of course.

Cliff can "build" an amp in software/firmware which would be impractical or cost prohibitive to physically do. This opens up a lot of creative possibilities & hopefully we'll have more original "FAS" models in the future.

Back
Top Bottom