Wish Hold Switches 1-8 to Change Scenes

GreatGreen

Power User
It would be extremely handy if we could set the AX8 so that if you hold switches 1-8, the preset would swap to the corresponding Scene 1-8.

As it is now, we currently have the option to hold switches 1-8 for X/Y switching, and then for scene selection we must press a Function switch first.

I think it would be very useful if that functionality could be reversed so that holding switch 1-8 would change scenes, while an F switch could be reserved for individual or sticky X/Y switching. Personally, I find myself changing scenes more often than individual X/Y effect states. This way would allow for less footwork for people who prefer to operate via scene changing as opposed to individual X/Y swapping.

This is a pretty cool idea. +1 from me. Also a hold-to-swap-scene-1-2 option as well for one switch would be sweet.

For me, changing scenes needs to be quick. When you get to that part of the some where you need the next scene and you tap a button and have instant change. If I have to think about holding the button for the right amount of time before the scene change, I would find that cumbersome.

just my 2 cents

What about having sticky scenes, but if you hold the switch it activates the block on the grid like it normally would?

Either way, I like the idea of having access to all 8 scenes with one tap, but still having access to all 8 switches for whatever block/function you have it regularly assigned to.

What about having sticky scenes, but if you hold the switch it activates the block on the grid like it normally would?

Either way, I like the idea of having access to all 8 scenes with one tap, but still having access to all 8 switches for whatever block/function you have it regularly assigned to.

I think that this is a must frankly. I use scenes a lot and hardly ever (but not never) use the blocks as individual stompboxes. Having to press and hold F2 every time I change presets is a PIA.

Also, it seems as if this kind of functionality is already available on the FX8. The FX8 can be programmed to default to sticky scenes.

Maybe it would be also cool to switch on release? Say e.g. holding down for the amount of time defined for Tap+Hold, after that time releasing the switch will change the scene. Miss such a feature badly.

Back
Top Bottom