Hold/Latching IA's question from prospective buyer

Hey guys,
I've just joined to ask this question with regard to latching/hold IA switches. I browsed the forum to see if it has been discussed and couldn't find it, but my apologies however if it has been asked.

I have a Rocktron All Access which i re-set-up last night to accomodate a new purchase, Axon's AX100 guitar-to-midi converter.

The Rocktron is set up in 5-bank mode; switches 1 to 5 are presets : switches 6 to 15 are IA switches.

I set IA 6 on "hold" mode (as compared to latching/momentary) to control the AX100's hold/sustain functions, by running a cable from my pedal switcher into the AX100 footswitch input - same as channel switching on an amp head.
IA's 7 to 13 switch pedals in or out of my signal path, and switches 14 and 15 control digital delay units.

As IA 6 is set to HOLD mode, the AX100's sustain function only occurs while my foot is depressing the button, and ceases as soon as i take my foot back off - which is awesome, exactly what i'd wanted it to do.

Problem is, while I'm depressing the switch to hold the synth, the All Access doesn't acknowledge any other IA footswitching (like turning a delay on/off, noise gate, etc) which is utterly annoying to put it nicely.

I've only noticed this now as I've never needed an IA on hold mode until finally getting the guitar-synth. Is it common for hold-mode IA's to "block out" other IA commands while depressed, or is it an All Access only thing? i'm looking at selling the All Access and upgrading to a different midi controller anyway, and this one is on the list, so, does the MFC 101 operate the same way or are all footswitches independant of each other, regardless of their hold/latching/momentary modes?

Cheers, sorry for such a lengthy post - Dawesy

EDIT: Additionally, what current does the unit draw? I can see clearly it needs 9VAC but could I run it from the 600mA outlet on voodoo lab's Pedal Power AC or does it require more--something closer to 1amp? Cheers again all. Dawesy.

Last edited:
Good question! I don't know the answer but I will try to find it for you.

Some quick questions.

1. What is the difference in Rocktron terms between HOLD and MOMENTARY?
2. Why don't you just use the Hold jack on the AX-100 with a piano sustain pedal?

I've run mine at 750mA but never tried 600mA. It will run of 9V DC by the way.

Back
Top Bottom