Hold Function Switch Problems

Mr.Modeler

Inspired
Boss FS-7 connected via TRS to Pedal 2 input. Setup as a momentary Up/Down for cycling through presets. However, holding down the switch doesn't actually perform the function I assigned it to in FM3-Edit. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Any thoughts?
Hold Function.JPG

I'm thinking the Hold function doesn't behave as if Hold mean to continually perform that operation. I'm guess Hold means holding the switch executes that one function. Is there a way to have the FS-7 be setup so that holding the switch down scrolls through the presets?

I'm thinking the Hold function doesn't behave as if Hold mean to continually perform that operation. I'm guess Hold means holding the switch executes that one function. Is there a way to have the FS-7 be setup so that holding the switch down scrolls through the presets?
It's helpful to read the manual(s) and then there's no need to guess ;)

The Footswitch Function Guide is here and a great place to start:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../Fractal-Audio-Footswitch-Functions-Guide.pdf

You are correct in your guess - Hold is short for "press and hold" which is different than just "press".

It means the switch function "fires" after the switch has been pressed agreed held a certain amount of time.

There's no function to "scroll" currently. If you search the forum for "typematic" you'll find some related wishes.

It's helpful to read the manual(s) and then there's no need to guess ;)

The Footswitch Function Guide is here and a great place to start:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../Fractal-Audio-Footswitch-Functions-Guide.pdf

You are correct in your guess - Hold is short for "press and hold" which is different than just "press".

It means the switch function "fires" after the switch has been pressed agreed held a certain amount of time.

There's no function to "scroll" currently. If you search the forum for "typematic" you'll find some related wishes.
Thanks, I honestly tried to find info in the various manuals. I don't mind reading at all. It's all a bit overwhelming atm. So many options, configurations, settings, etc.

I might be able to do this with a held switch constantly sending a PC. For now, I've setup the Hold Function to move 10 pre-sets at a time. Good enough for now.

Thanks, I honestly tried to find info in the various manuals. I don't mind reading at all. It's all a bit overwhelming atm. So many options, configurations, settings, etc.

I might be able to do this with a held switch constantly sending a PC. For now, I've setup the Hold Function to move 10 pre-sets at a time. Good enough for now.
There's no way to do it currently... That's what the typematic wishes are about.

There's no way to do it currently... That's what the typematic wishes are about.
Do we know if there’s a way to do this yet? I was gonna grab an FS-7 and try it if there’s a way to scroll through presets faster than bank up/down 5 at a time, would LOVE a fast scrolling option without having to bend down and turn the dial….

No. There is no scroll function. You can set your Bank Inc. and Dec switches for up to +/- 10 banks per press for faster navigation. You can add a hold function to your bank +/- switches for a larger +/- jump.

Did you set that switch up as a Stand In switch? If you do this, you'll be abe to get the Hold function to work. You'll need to change your switch definitions. I can see in your screen shot above that your tap and hold definitions are the same. Here is a general high level snapshot on how to set up Stand In switchess:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ld-function-ability-or-no.207633/post-2591493

As @unix-guy says, you can't hold this down for constant scrolling, and the function will "trigger" on release of the pedal (you can change the Hold duration too). However, it will be one push, one Preset decrement.

In the Custom Layouts I made, I set my Preset Bank size to 10, and I have a View Change footswitch to scroll to [Down 1 2] then [3 4 5] then [6 7 8] then [9 10 Up]. I can get to any Preset within the range of 10 in a few short presses. Details here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ustom-layouts-for-2-button-footswitch.206487/

Back
Top Bottom