HK Audio Pro 12 A FRFR ????? Reactor .....Verve 12ma

Rocket Brother

Power User
Hi Guys
I´m still looking for a FRFR solution for when I´m not going with IEM (InEars). This is a secondary setup for me that I´ll use on smaller gigs and where I might need to provide a small backline solution myself. I also want to use the FRFR an d Ultra as the wet L/R in a wet-dry-wet scenarios with a traditional tube amp rig on some occations. As it is a secondary set up, I´m trying to avoid springing for the top pro FRFR monitors (Coda, Meyer and such) because of the price. If it was my no.1 rig I would go "all the way".

I´ve really considered the Atomic Reactor and the Verve 12ma a lot and started a thread about those two options some time back (thanks to all who participated in that thread), but have not decided yet. What I got from the other thread was a few things
-some of the few who had both didn´t like the ARFR, but most preferred it to the Verve soundwise.
-however, many reported the ARFR to be more prone to squeling than the Verve or other solid state FRFR solutions.
-and (IMHO) there seem to be an somewhat alarming number of reactors that has had to be returned due to malfunction.
-If the Reactor was clearly better sounding than the Verve or other FRFR, and was as relyable as the ss FRFR's I would pick it any day of the week, but the above and the fact that it is tube powered (tube failure potential and maintainance) has put me in an undecisive mood.

So what to do ?
Go with the best sounding or the most relyable option - as I don´t like to compromise either?
That has led me to look again at other options, and I´ve read some decent and good reviews of the HK Audio Pro 12 A (600W RMS) PA speaker.
I haven´t been able to try out a set of them, but have been on stages equiped with the top HK audio stuff, and enjoy the sound of those systems.
So does anybody here have any experiences with the HK Audio Pro 12 A, and if so what do you think of them. If you have experience with either of the Reactor or Verve, info on the pros and cons of these 3 monitors would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
RB

Don't have any experience with the HK stuff. From their site, they don't appear to have any US distribution. I like the wedge form and weight of the 12ma - 37.7 lbs. The PA version (12a) weighs a bit more 43 lbs. Not sure where one could try one in the US given the lack of US or Canadian distribution.

Back
Top Bottom