Hiwatt Sims

dk_ace

Experienced
I want to experiment with the Hiwatt stuff this week after I update to V11. I've been wanting to experiment with the Hiwatt sounds, but I don't know much about them or the amps they're based on. I'm coming from Vox land.

Can you guys that have had success with them give me an idea of how to rough them in (where you tend to start the tone controls, master, drive, and presence)? What stock cabs are good starting points?

My interest in these was renewed after reading a comment from Finaldo that the Hiwatt sims do the swirl thing you hear in one of Scott's AC30 G2 clips. That was a pretty cool tone, so if the Hiwatt does that I definately want to spend some time with it.

D

I have a patch using both Hiwatt sims in parallel though it was made before V11.0. I'll take a listen to see if it needs tweaking and then post it when done.

Love those HiWatt sims...

Crank 'em up and you're Live @Leeds

I especially like the Redwirez HiwattSE4123 IR too.

It has a permanent spot in the rotation.

Try the Blackface tone stack for something a bit different...

I didn't really do anything special to get the swirl out of the HIPOWER sim... I have a Red Iron Amps T-Rex that when turned up loud swirls a whole lot, it was amp that made me say, "Oh, that's what swirl is...". The HIPOWER does the swirl thing with the master volume turned up.

Can someone attempt to provide a little more definition to the term "swirl"? For what should I be listening? Thanks.

I didn't really do anything special to get the swirl out of the HIPOWER sim... I have a Red Iron Amps T-Rex that when turned up loud swirls a whole lot, it was amp that made me say, "Oh, that's what swirl is...". The HIPOWER does the swirl thing with the master volume turned up.

Well that's easy enough. I just brought the Axe home, so over the next few days I'll work with it some.

This thread came about because your PM box is full Finaldo. I was just going to send you a PM, but when I couldn't I decided to just start a thread.

D

I have 2 main hiwatt patches. Both have a 4x12 green, with one having a 2x12 G12H and the other having a 4x12 25w. Much MV. Don't be shy with the EQ on this amp!! You may need to significantly boost or reduce the bass depending on whether your using the hipower 1 or 2 sim.

I use the Redwirez UberkabT75V30 cab with my Hiwatt patch. Believe it or not, this amp model gave me the biggest surprise ever from the Ultra when I was looking for a thrash sound I liked. Double-tracking with this and a 5150 preset I made gives an excellent result, as the two models complete each other very well.

Back
Top Bottom