Hiwatt model doesn't sound as big as the Twins/Blackface Fenders

Alright…looking for some tips on dialing it in. On paper, I love the idea of a Hiwatt. On my Fractal, though, the Twin and other BF Fender models sound much bigger and bolder to me, regardless of gain levels. Any pointers for how to better setup a huge (massive!) clean to crunch tone with the Hipower? I’m using a variety of guitars, usually tuned down to C or B, and playing mostly post-metal/post-hardcore. No blues or classic rock, but also no djent.
Thanks in advance!

Hiwatt Jumped, both gains at max, master volume at max. Put the tone knobs wherever sounds good. I like bass at 0 and mids and treble dimed. If you wanna get really heavy, put a shimmer drive in front with drive 0, tone 5, level 10.

For my experience the Cabs take a huge part in the "Hiwatt"-Sound, like Fane "Purple Back".

Dr. Bonkers and Ownhammer have some and of course there are some in the AxeFx.

I love the Dr. Bonkers 4X12_BIGW_414_414_DBS combined with the 4X12_BIGW_414_81_DBS
Try Gain at Max, Bass at 3, Mid at 5, Treble at 7, Pres at 7

Thanks for all the replies! Will maxing the gain and adding an input boost like suggested really help me good good clean tones, though? (I’m away from my Axe and can’t just fire it up at try until the weekend).

Thanks for all the replies! Will maxing the gain and adding an input boost like suggested really help me good good clean tones, though? (I’m away from my Axe and can’t just fire it up at try until the weekend).
For me, increasing the input boost and working the volume knob on the guitar does exactly what you're asking. I find the Hiwatt thin without it.

Also, if the fenders are doing what you want - just use those. Yeah experiment with hiwatt settings and see if it comes close, but dont use it because you feel you have to.

Work smart, not hard.

Also, if the fenders are doing what you want - just use those. Yeah experiment with hiwatt settings and see if it comes close, but dont use it because you feel you have to.

Work smart, not hard.
Definitely. I’ve just always heard Hiwatts referred to as awesome for a lot of tones I like, so I’m curious to see if I can get it dialed in. I’ll use the Atomica into the 1x8 cab model if it sounds good 👍🏼 Not trying to force anything.

Definitely. I’ve just always heard Hiwatts referred to as awesome for a lot of tones I like, so I’m curious to see if I can get it dialed in. I’ll use the Atomica into the 1x8 cab model if it sounds good 👍🏼 Not trying to force anything.
For what you’re playing I actually ended up on a couple variations of a tweaked rockerverb.

Back
Top Bottom