history of fractal & axe fx

mejoshee

Inspired
ok, nerdy title, i know, but i just joined the board and i don't have the background.

so, i am curious about what the impetus was for this company and what professional experiences were like before its founding. i mean, clearly someone decided that "there has to be a better way than line6 etc." :p seriously, though, there is always a back story to great products just like all the other amp, effects, etc. companies out there. i didn't really see a discussion going back about this stuff.

what i have read into the limited website info and some of the forum posts are that a certain mysterious "cliff" is "awesome/fantastic/brilliant/insert extremely positive adjective here" :D and has developed a respectable, serious, technically-advanced modeling system at a great value.

i apologize in advance for being nosy, but someone must be able to tell the story here to a recent initiate...

Oldest ad I can find: http://www.guitarsite.com/hotlicks/about1888=
... though I have to admit I hadn't heard about it in 2006. First I heard was in late 2006, I think, in the Line6 Vetta forum. It was all Scott Peterson's fault, actually ;-)

In April 2007, the Ultra was announced, and I got on the waiting list (got my Ultra in August).

P.S. Thanks again, Scott. That brave act in the Vetta forum changed my musical life forever.

That was a great interview... cool to know some of the background and history of Cliff and the Axe FX. But I never knew cats could type ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom