HiPower Brilliant / Jumped - Where have I been?

Marc Roy

I mean, seriously... Found a Brett Kingman preset on YouTube, and decided to try it for myself.

This thing sounds huge - clear, punchy, creamy, it's all there. Terrific cleans and the edge of breakup / overdriven tones are incredible. My Paul Reed Smith DGT is very happy.

I always thought of Hiwatt as Live at Leeds / Pink Floyd and that was it (and I love both Townshend and Gilmour), but boy was I wrong! Anyone else using these?

It's a beautiful sounding amp. I remember the first time I cranked the model up in the Axe Fx 2. There was a 3D depth to it that amazed me. Thanks for bringing back the memory.

I do like the HiPower. It's not my favorite but back when I received my 3 and was "discovering" the amps it quickly caught my attention. Probably in my top 10 for sure.

Burg's presets are awesome. They are one of the few that translate well over to my setup. Especially when I'm looking for something for single coil guitars or edge of breakup type tones I go straight to Burg's vids/presets first. Gonna try out this preset later today on my PRS 594 and my Anderson Hollow T Classic

I’ve tried these before but tried again after reading your post. I’m a classic rock gain level player and the Brilliant works well for that. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom