Hipower 1

I never really gave this amp model any time until this morning. I don't know if it sounds like a real hiwatt cranked up but I think it sounds pretty cool.
I used a redwirez Marshall G12 Royer 121 at 2" on cap in user slot 2 and a Suhr classic t on the bridge humbucker.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=9613766

edit: link changed, it's called hiwat2 on the music page

Attachments

• hiWAT.syx
    2 KB · Views: 168
That sounds very good Crunk, nice riff too...as usual.

That's one of the things I love about the Axe is the ability to get into an amp your not familar with and dig into and find YOUR tone/comfort zone. Never a dull moment with this black box.

Oh and thanks for sharing the patch too. :D

You do the best tones and tunes man, really. I truly dig what you bring, and what you get out of the box. Thumbs way up!

thanks guys. i should have a song completed this weekend hopefully.

i posted this on another forum and got some mixed opinions on whether it sounded like a hiwatt or not. but it's hard to tell for other people if you're not slamming out The Who type riffs. One guy owns a DR103 and said it sounds pretty much like what he hears when he plays this type of stuff. Just without the ear shattering volume.
It's quickly becoming one of my favorite tones I've got from the axe fx, lots of touch sensitivity. VERY different depending on the guitar though, which is good.

awesome. What's your tuning on that Hiwat2 clip? Your clips always sound so airy and open, even when they're heavy. I always figured you use some kind of open tuning. Sounds great.

i can't listen to the clip for some reason, but i downloaded the patch and it sounds great. i was looking for a nice Mike Rutherford sound and this has replaced the Plexi patch i was using. thanks!

sim

Superb.

I find that HiWatt model is one of the models that works really well with a TS-808 drive block out in front of it. Just seems to respond very well to being drive-blocked. :)

I can't wait for work to end so I can try your patch tonight.

I'm new to recording my axe (and pretty new to it in general) and have been struggling to record a crunch
sound that I really like. I liked the sound of your hiwatt patch and started playing with it last night, I loved the sound but for I decided
I wanted something slightly smoother so I changed the amp for usa clean, the cab for one of the free redwirez and left everything
else as your patch and suddenly I have a recording tone I'm happy with.

So thanks for posting it cardinal, it gave me a great starting point :cool:

Back
Top Bottom