High Pitched 'Whine' When Near Computer Keyboard

I've been on so many "noise safaris"... thought I'd add my 2 cents even tho it might only be worth -1 cents. a certain amount of noise from a guitar is just going to be there when pointing towards your monitors. that said... you can do a lot to minimize it. I rewired the guts of my pc many times and tested the amount of noise floor I got with a meter in fl studio. generally the most success i had was keeping power cables away from everything. going from spinning disks to ssd made a reasonable difference. going to an all metal case (fractal designs define 7) w no window made a significant dif. putting ferrite beads on all my usb cables out the back made a very small difference. putting my pc on a separate power conditioner... and on a separate breaker made a small difference. I've switched out dif power conditioners and rn I've got a furman elite 15i... perhaps just an artifact of moving my cables around but I'm noticing some more noise lately so might go back to pl plus. put those little rubber rack isolators on... did nothing for me. hum buster cables were probably the biggest difference I've noticed... believe those. guitar shielding can make a dif. active dif amp pickups (ie emg and the like) can make a big dif but frankly I don't want those in more than one guitar personally so... gonna have to contend w passives ultimately. At one point I read up on some "power saving" bios settings that I turned off... was a very minor difference but a difference all the sm. if you want to obsess about noise... there might be something there you can use.

Back
Top Bottom