High Pitched Squeal

Yes....a few times on 12.03 betas and now the release version. Lockups only seem to happen when hooked up to USB, which unfortunately is nearly all the time. Very intermittent though. I've already swapped USB cables, so I'm thinking maybe noise on the computer USB port....just a guess. Would love it if it was a firmware fixable thing.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I emailed support and was told 12.04 would drop shortly so hopefully it will address this issue.

Yes....a few times on 12.03 betas and now the release version. Lockups only seem to happen when hooked up to USB, which unfortunately is nearly all the time. Very intermittent though. I've already swapped USB cables, so I'm thinking maybe noise on the computer USB port....just a guess. Would love it if it was a firmware fixable thing.

mitch, It's also worth noting that my axe-fx did this with usb cable plugged in but with no computer connected. That said I always leave my usb cable plugged in so it's easy to connect computer without reaching in back and never had an issue like this before.

mitch, It's also worth noting that my axe-fx did this with usb cable plugged in but with no computer connected. That said I always leave my usb cable plugged in so it's easy to connect computer without reaching in back and never had an issue like this before.
Interesting....so it's effectively not USB connected then. I'm going to leave my USB disconnected for a while and see what happens.

Interesting....so it's effectively not USB connected then. I'm going to leave my USB disconnected for a while and see what happens.

Right unless just having a usb connected is the culprit. I was told by support that it won't happen again with 12.04 so I assume they are aware of issue and know the cause.

Back
Top Bottom