High gain clarity

just need some suggestions. The rhythm sound I'm trying to accomplish is almost there, just need a little help. Just seems like my open drop c chugga chug is a little too convoluted. Not quite as clear as I'd like it to be. Gain is not high. 5153 red, BB pre (no gain, level up). Using a music man JPXI with some custom dimarzios. Newest firmware installed. I can upload a patch later if y'all want some reference

I vastly prefer the 50w blue over the 100w 5153 models - its waaaayyyy clearer across all the strings to my ear. You can still get way more gain than you'd ever possibly need though. Personally I like the 50w without a boost pedal in the front, gain hovering around or slightly below noon. I'd give the 50 watt a try with maybe a couple different impulses, those can have a huge impact on clarity too

You said gain is already low and I'm sure those DiMarzios are fine, so... I'd maybe try a different IR (assuming you're not using poweramp and cab), try the GEQ inside the amp block, try the cut switch in the amp block. Hope that helps.

Newest firmware installed. I can upload a patch later if y'all want some reference

Try the Engl Savage Amp sim with your favorite 4X12 mesa or 2X12 greenback. That amp sim is stellar at clarity as well as breakup with the volume knob rolled back a little bit. By far my favorite high-gain amp with versatility. Hope that helps!!

try this, everything on the amp and pedal is straight up default. On my rig it kills!
Its a stereo setup by the way. Hope you like the Ir's.

Attachments

• ENGL METAL Q8.syx
    27.6 KB · Views: 27
just need some suggestions. The rhythm sound I'm trying to accomplish is almost there, just need a little help. Just seems like my open drop c chugga chug is a little too convoluted. Not quite as clear as I'd like it to be. Gain is not high. 5153 red, BB pre (no gain, level up). Using a music man JPXI with some custom dimarzios. Newest firmware installed. I can upload a patch later if y'all want some reference
Are u using effects

could you post a sound sample and the patch?
the AMP you are using is not really clear at all unless you totaly cut the lowend or boost the mids with a DRIVE.
if you absolutely want to use this AMP there is surely some workaround, i would suggest trying the DAS METALL
amp which is is insanely clear when dialed in correctly.

try using
- cut switch on
- keep the bass control set to a low value and use the GEQ to put back the missing low end
- high drive setting + high MV setting = mush

Lots of advanced tweaks mentioned here!!! I would not suggest touching any of that stuff at this point.
Turn the bass way down, I usually put the bass down around 2 with the cut switch engaged when doing heavy metal tones.
Turn the master down a good bit, I usually use 2-4 for the master volume.
If that doesnt work report back.

Boost mids & cut bass before the amp. Dial a little extra middle out and/or boost bass on the other end if necessary. I like to recover bass (and do other final tone massaging) using the cab block preamp section.

Back
Top Bottom